Bank Business Process Consultant Senior (Sales Practices)
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Purpose of JobFor our Bank Sale Practice team, we are looking
for a Senior Bank Business Process Consultant in support of the
Bank's sales practices compliance efforts. This team member will
participate and support the Sales Practice team execute and enhance
process and controls to reduce sales practice risks and improve the
sales practice activities within the Bank. -
This role is considered Hybrid and can be based near one of USAA's
main office locations including: San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX;
Charlotte, NC; Phoenix, AZ; Colorado Springs, CO; Chesapeake, VA;
or Tampa, FL.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have
found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both
worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from
home when needed to achieve focused deliverables. The actual days
onsite are determined between each employee and the employee's
Applies advanced knowledge of bank processes and products and acts
as a trusted advisor by providing consultation services to internal
clients in areas of strategic sourcing, alternatives and solutions,
supplier management, affiliate agreement adherence, third party
risk management, and bank operations. Collects and consolidates
demand and identifies opportunities, within the Bank. Executes and
oversees the development of business process related solutions for
internal clients and members. Evaluates processes/ resources and
develops effective solutions/ improvements/ enhancements to drive
the efficient operation of the Bank.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA
knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security
of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This
singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at
every level.Primary Responsibilities:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Engages with key stakeholders to implement sustainable
- Develops business process enhancements for the Bank that aligns
business deliverables, bank strategy and risk management
- Leads planning and execution efforts and coordinates activities
for highly complex projects. - - -
- Applies a holistic understanding of risk and regulatory
compliance to manage risks by using established methodologies and
exercising control plans to ensure alignment with bank specific
goals and process requirements.
- Provides consultation to influence and ensure process is
designed to address risk across all activities.
- Reviews and develops communication and change management plans
for customers and internal stakeholders to drive awareness on
current processes and/or changes. -
- Ensures alignment between internal stakeholders and customers
across all business process projects and services using proactive
communication and engagement strategies.
- Utilizes data and analytics to deliver insight into customer
and business process performance, identifying opportunities to
influence customer and business process activities and inform key
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree (10 years total).
- 6 years of experience in business process consulting, process
design and/or program/project management experience.
- Advanced knowledge of bank products and processes.
- Experience in implementing and sustaining
- Experience in applying quality management, process improvement,
and leveraging process improvement tools and methodologies.
- Experience applying retail bank subject matter expertise to
simplify the customer experience, standardize process execution,
and automate where possible.
- Expert experience/ knowledge of Risk Management frameworks and
Banking Regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement, workflow,
benchmarking and/or evaluation of business processes.When you apply
for this position, you will be required to answer some initial
questions. - This will take approximately 10 minutes. - Once you
begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later
time and you will not be able to change your responses.Preferred
- Direct prior experience related Bank compliance and regulatory
acumen with an understanding of laws and regulations (Sales
Practice, UDAAP, Reg E, Reg Z, NDIIP, etc.)
- 5+ years of recent Retail Banking Experience in a large bank
(Deposits, Credit Card and / or Lending) with demonstrated success
in a sales and service environment.
- Success managing multiple tactics, adapting to changes based on
newly identified gaps or prioritizations in a sales and service
environment that focuses on member / customer need.
- Prior experience identifying and managing risks, executing and
monitor controls, and executing processes and procedures
- Ability to handle complex issues and find resolution with
exceptional communication and relationship building
- Proven independent thinker, experienced working with Senior
Management and peers and influencing in a matrix environment.The
above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective
process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure
we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based
on your experience and market position. The salary range for this
position is: $88,200-$158,900*.Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or
at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit:Relocation
assistance is not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Portsmouth , Bank Business Process Consultant Senior (Sales Practices), Sales , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!