Beneficiary Services Representative (PEBLO)
Company: General Infomatics, Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionAt General Infomatics, Inc we pride ourselves on
providing program support, healthcare services, strategic
technology solutions, and knowledge management to US government
agencies worldwide, under standards of integrity, trust, and a
commitment to excellence. We are looking for a Beneficiary Services
Representative (PEBLO) full time position in Portsmouth,
VA.SUMMARYThe occupant of this position is the main point of
contact between the service member, the family, the chain of
command, the VA, and the Physical Evaluation Board throughout the
DoD Disability Process. Main responsibilities and duties include
but are not limited to:
- Compiling all the information from the service member, their
physicians, their commander, and any other source that is necessary
to properly assign Military Disability Ratings to each of their
medical conditions that qualify for Military Disability.
- Providing guidance to all ranks of military personnel from all
branches of the uniformed services, retirees, and families of those
being processed through the IDES program of their rights, benefits,
privileges, or obligations.
- Coordinating evaluation appointments: schedules follow-up
appointments and appropriate referrals related to benefits.
- Serving as a liaison between the Service member, their
respective commander and a multi-disciplinary team of primary care
managers, other appropriate health care professionals, medical care
case managers, non- medical case managers, patient administration
personnel, the service-specific offices, the PEB and the Military
Department Wounded Warrior Program liaison or advocate.
- Assisting in preparing appeals, impartial medical reviews,
rebuttals, and coordinates the assignment of Service member's legal
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Associate Degree in business administration, management or
health care organizations from an accredited college or
- Two years' experience as a PEBLO within the DoD military health
system in the last 6 years; or five years' experience working in a
civilian disability program; or two years' experience as a VA
Medical Service Coordinator (MSC).
- Knowledge of DES processing regulations, instructions,
procedures, and policies to assure timely case processing.
- Practical knowledge and understanding of the TRICARE
- Knowledge of the military healthcare organizational structure,
major issues, policies, procedures and operations
- in-depth knowledge, experience, and training to handle and
solve complex cases that arise when addressing fitness for duty or
physical disability evaluation issues.
- Excellent planning, organizing and managing skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving methods and
- Excellent oral and written communication and customer service
principles, methods and practices, as well as analytic methods and
techniques, to include using research tools and statistical
analysis.SALARY AND BENEFITS
- $21.00 an hour
- Comprehensive benefits package, including Health & Welfare
Benefits/Options, Holidays, Vacation, SickCome join our team!
General Infomatics (GI) is a minority owned, Service-Disabled
Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), 8(a) Certified, Small
Disadvantaged Business (SDB) headquartered in McLean, VA. We are
ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System (QMS) Certified.We are a
proud Military Spouse Friendly Employer and Certified V3 (Virginia
Values Veterans) Company - 2022
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: General Infomatics, Inc., Portsmouth , Beneficiary Services Representative (PEBLO), Sales , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!