CDL-A Dedicated Truck Driver - NFW Portsmouth VA
Posted on: January 4, 2019
We're looking for Dedicated CDL-A Drivers to help serve our general merchandise customer.Experienced CDL-A Drivers (with 6 months of solo driving experience):
- Starting pay is $23.50 per hour- Average $940- $1,175per weekThis excellent CDL-A driving career entails: Must have TWIC and Hazmat endorsement
- Will bobtail from our Portsmouth service center to the Norfolk port, pickup full containers and deliver to customers location and then return back to the port.
- Driver will enter the port with a chassis, container will be loaded by the port.
- Driver is responsible for locking down the container before leaving port.
- Bring empty back to the port.
- Making 4- 6 round trip turns a day; 26 miles round trip with some runs that are 100 miles round trip.
- Average 50 hours per week.
- Monday - Friday; start time will range from 2:30 am - 4:00 am
- Some Saturday or Sunday work when required.
- Home every night.
- Brand new, assigned, safe and well maintained equipment.Check out the benefits of being a CDL-A driver with Averitt:
- Family & individual BlueCross BlueShield medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as: $81.70 per week for family coverage
$32.05 per week for single coverageWith the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation)
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Wellness programs available
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wellness programs available
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: AVERITT, Portsmouth , CDL-A Dedicated Truck Driver - NFW Portsmouth VA, Professions , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!