Company: Airgas Inc.
Posted on: November 9, 2018
Airgas, Inc., an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
RED-D-ARC (an Airgas company) is the largest provider of welding and welding-related rental products and services in North America, with over 70,000 units in our fleet. Red-D-Arc currently offers rental welding-equipment through over 70 service centers in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Europe and the Middle East, as well as through Airgas construction Stores and dealer network that included the Caribbean, Puerto Rico, Trinidad, Kazakhstan and Australia.
Under the direction of the Branch Coordinator, the incumbent will perform a dual role as Repair Technician and Driver. As a Repair Technician, the successful individual will be responsible for repairs, refurbishes and maintains engine driven generators and ensures a safe working environment. As a Driver, the successful individual will be responsible for the safe delivery and pick-up of welding equipment, parts, supplies and accessories to and from our customers.
We are looking for a Repair Technician/Driver who:
- Ensures a safe work environment by following Airgas/Red-D-Arc---s health and safety guidelines.
- Assembles diesel, gas, and propane equipment for rental. Tests and calibrates machines to see if they are functional for rent or sale.
- Repaints parts, touches up paint, and puts decals on welders to maintain general appearance.
- Replaces defective parts and completes preventative maintenance required.
- Orders parts as required in order to complete repairs.
- Inspects returned equipment for proper operation and/or damage by the customer.
- Operates a forklift, pallet jack or other necessary equipment to stock required parts in the shop.
- Ensures a clean and organized work environment at all times.
- Prepares and completes paperwork for all machine repairs
- Ensures efficient and safe delivery of customer equipment requirements as per shipping documentation.
- Prepares accurate shipping documentation, and travel logs including signed copies of all documents, returns, and shortages noted & damage records.
- Works closely with rental coordinators to ensure customer needs are met.
- Prepares and tests welding equipment for delivery to customer.
- Maintains communication with all branch personnel.
- Performs other related duties as required. Qualifications:
- Post secondary education equivalent to a one year Technical College or equivalent is an asset.
- Three years of related technical experience.
- Working knowledge of positioning equipment, welding application and equipment is an asset.
- Valid Commercial Driver---s License a major asset.
- 1 - 2 years of Commercial Driving experience a major asset. Skills:
Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
Ability to follow instructions and follow through on inquiries, orders, etc.
Ability to read and comprehend vendor repair manual instructions.
Ability to perform heavy work --- routinely lift 25-75 lbs., occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lbs.
Ability to act proactively or provide a solution with work-related problems.
Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
Ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions.
Communicates with clarity, verbally in one on one or group situations, and over the telephone.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Keywords: Airgas Inc., Portsmouth , CDL Driver/Technician, Professions , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!