Automated Logistical Specialist - Supply Chain (92A)
Company: Army National Guard
Posted on: February 18, 2021
Keeping the back of house in order is a key factor in successful
mission planning. As an Automated Logistical Specialist in the Army
National Guard, you will maximize your organizational skills and
learn the ins and outs of supply chain management. From storage and
distribution to warehouse management, your primary responsibility
will be to supervise and perform specific functions in order to
maintain equipment records and parts.
Major duties include: establishing and maintaining records (stock
lists, inventory, material control, etc.), maintaining stock
locator system and administering document control procedures,
processing requests and turn-in documents, performing prescribed
load-list and shop-stock list duties in manual and automated supply
applications, and operating material-handling equipment.
* Construct bins, shelving and other storage aids
* Simplify and standardize the collection and use of maintenance
* Raise the quality and accuracy of performance, cost, and parts
data through improved maintenance management
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
* Stock control and accounting procedures
* Procedures for shipping, receiving, storing and issuing stock
* Movement, storage and maintenance of ammunition
* Procedures for handling medical and food supplies
* Interest in mathematics, bookkeeping, accounting, business
administration, and/or typing
* Preference for physical work
* Interest in operating forklifts and other warehouse equipment
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience
to enjoy a civilian career as a stock control clerk, parts clerk,
or storekeeper in civilian factories, repair shops, department
stores, or government warehouses and stockrooms.
Earn While You Learn
Get paid to learn! Join the Army National Guard and you will learn
valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying
for tuition assistance.
Automated Logistical Specialist job training requires 10 weeks of
Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 12
weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT), which includes
practice in handling and storing stock. Part of this time is spent
in the classroom and part in the field.
Keywords: Army National Guard, Portsmouth , Automated Logistical Specialist - Supply Chain (92A), Professions , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!