C4I Shipboard Installation Specialist
Company: Epsilon Systems Solutions Inc
Posted on: May 13, 2019
SummaryRequires no supervision and is an expert in all tasks and
qualifications required as a C4I Shipboard Installation Specialist.
Frequent travel/overtime are required. Work outside specific trade
discipline is required.Duties & Responsibilities
- Once assigned to a project, reports directly to the project
Foreman in the performance of his/her responsibilities. (He/she may
be designated as Project Foreman)
- Strictly adheres to corporate, federal, state and local safety
regulations and ensuring that all Epsilon Systems Mission Readiness
Group Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) are worn and that all
damaged PPE is discarded.
- Maintains good housekeeping practices; turning off machines
when not in use, disposing of waste properly, sweeping the area,
- Ensures all tools listed on the Required Tools List are
available for use within two weeks of employment.
- Equipment other than those required by the Required Tool List
may be checked out from the Tool Room. Financially responsible for
all tools checked out from the Tool Room. Returns tools/equipment
to proper location and reports any lost, missing, stolen or damaged
items to the Facilities Foreman in accordance with Process
- Ensures that all requirements of the Epsilon Systems Mission
Readiness Group Quality Assurance Manual are followed when invoked
by QA Workbook, Work Package (WP), Work Instructions (WI) and/or
other guidance given by management.
- Follows detailed repair procedures and instructions (e. g.; QA
Workbooks, Work packages steps, RECs, CWPs, FWPs, TGIs etc.)
required to complete the production operations.
- Coordinates the efforts of all trades during an installation,
modification or repair operation.
- Performs electrical and electronic repairs.
- Conducts system grooms and checkouts, and configuration
validation. Prepares and installs systems alterations.
- Performs component and/or system troubleshooting to diagnose
the problem and provide most cost-effective repairs.
- Ensures control and assumes responsibility for Level-1 material
controls in accordance with Epsilon Systems Mission Readiness Group
- Performs installation, repair, overhaul or modification in
place or in shop to electronic or electro mechanical systems and
components (e. g.; controllers, switches, pumps, etc.).
- Performs component and/or system troubleshooting to diagnose
- Performs on-site field service for system grooms and checkouts,
minor repairs and system configuration validation.
- Prepares and installs equipment or system alterations (e. g.;
TEMPALTs, SHIPALTs, ORDALTs, etc.) IAW the directives (i. e.;
instructions, drawings, Technical Manuals, MILSPECs, etc.).
- Prepares and installs equipment or system alterations in
accordance with the technical specifications.
- Leads and performs shipboard work for system/component
- One of the following: Associate s Degree in Electrical
Engineering, Electronics Technology, Information Technology, Class
A military school in electronics or communications, ET or IT
specialist title in US military, four (4) year electronics
apprentice program, two (2) year contractor apprenticeship that
included at least six months of formal classroom training that
addressed electrical circuit theory, electromagnetic radiation, and
other disciplines related to C4ISR installations.
- Must have the following certifications whenever they are
applicable to the work being performed: Cableway Certification,
Cableway Inspector Certification, Multi-pin Connector
Certification, Fiber Optic Connector Certification, Visual TEMPEST
Inspector Certification, Shipyard Competent Person Certification,
Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification, Man Aloft
Certification (Climber Certification).
- Eight (8 years of practical experience working on US Navy or
Coast Guard afloat C4ISR installations with at least four (4) years
of experience working to include: Electronics Repair, Maintenance,
Installation and Checkout of ADNS, CENTRIX, NMT, CBSP and Crypto
- Understand and is familiar with NAVSEA Standard items.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work independently or in
- Ability to do basic math, i. e. add, subtract, divide and
- Ability to read, ability to write, ability to speak, and
ability to comprehend English.
- Must be able to follow complex repair procedures and
instructions required to complete all production operations
- Must be able to assist with installation, repair, overhaul or
modification shipboard or in shop to electrical or electronic
systems and components.
- Must be able to lead on-site electronic and electrical system
grooms and checkouts, minor repairs, connectorization, and system
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of Navy organizations
including: Naval Shipyards, Regional Maintenance Centers, and Type
Commanders (TYCOMs), shipyard operations, ship systems and
particularly how they interact and construction/repair sequencing;
principles and practice of working as a team member, working and
motivating team mates to peak performance.
- Must have the ability to control the progress of successful
project execution by modeling respectful behaviors, applying a
positive approach to work performance and execution, making careful
and judicious use of time, providing strong work ethic and
achieving customer satisfaction while meeting company goals
- Effectively communicates orally and in writing with diverse
groups such as other team members, customers, vendors, and company
officials at all levels.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple priorities with
independence and good judgment.
- Ability to reason and find solutions.
- Ability to obtain and maintain National Security Clearance
- Ability to obtain access to military and government
- Ability to travel required.Preferred Qualifications
- Multi-pin Connector Certification, Fiber Optic Connector
Certification, Visual TEMPEST Inspector Certification, Shipyard
Competent Person Certification, Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
(CPR) Certification, Man Aloft Certification (Climber
- Current security clearance.ADA & Work Environment:The physical
demands for this position are moderate to heavy. May require some
lifting or assistance with heavy equipment. The incumbent of this
position is required to stand for extensive periods of time, in
external climates. Must also be able to work long hours, travel
internationally via various modes of transportation, and work any
day of the week at any time of the day as required to meet customer
needs, business objectives and to achieve delivery of service
deadlines. The work environment for this job is demanding and
potentially hazardous due to work on or inside ships as well as
travel around ship repair yard. Involves heavy lifting, frequent
stooping or bending and possible working assignments in overhead
structures, confined spaces or beneath machinery.
Keywords: Epsilon Systems Solutions Inc, Portsmouth , C4I Shipboard Installation Specialist, Other , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!