Company: Epsilon Systems Solutions Inc
Posted on: May 11, 2019
SummaryRepairs, modifies, installs and dismantles various shipboard
hulls, bulkheads or decks. Designs and fabricates fixtures and
- Reports directly to the Production Manager. Once assigned,
reports directly to the project Foreman in the performance of
- Read and understands Epsilon Systems Mission Readiness Group
- Ensures that all Epsilon Systems Mission Readiness Group
Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) are worn and that all damaged
PPE is discarded.
- Reads and interprets blueprints to plan setup and operation of
the machine shop equipment prior to commencing the operation.
- Lays out material prior to performing machining operations to
prevent possible errors.
- Fabricates parts to close tolerances ensuring finish
requirements of the drawings are achieved.
- Maintains good housekeeping practices, turning off machines
when not in use, disposing of waste properly, sweeping the area,
- Ensures all tools listed on the Required Tools List are
available for use within two weeks of employment at Epsilon.
- Qualifies as a Shipfitter in accordance with Epsilon Systems
Mission Readiness Group Process Instructions.
- Ensures that all requirements of the Epsilon Systems Mission
Readiness Group Quality Assurance Manual are followed when invoked
by QA Workbook, Work Package (WP), Work Instructions (WI) and/or
other guidance given by management.
- Follows detailed repair procedures and instructions (e. g.; QA
packages steps, RECs, CWPs, FWPs, TGIs etc.) required completing
the production operations.
- Notifies Foreman of unsatisfactory condition(s) identified
during the production operation (i. e.; repair, modification,
- Reads and understands basic terminology, blueprints, drawings
and schematics to plan installation, modification or repair prior
to commencing the process.
- Fabricates and installs fixtures, jigs, supports and targets to
ensure proper alignment during welding processes.
- Determines fit-up requirements for a wide range of structural
components in accordance with required technical drawings, manuals
- Installs deck, hull and bulkhead systems IAW required technical
drawings, manuals and instructions.
- Designs, fabricates and installs complex fixtures, jigs and
targets to ensure proper alignment during welding/ brazing
procedures. Determine size and material requirements for system
modification or installation.
- Ensures controland assumes responsibility for Level I and
material controls in accordance with Process Instruction.
- Frequent travel and overtime are required.
- Work outside specific trade skill is required.Qualifications:
- High School/GED with Apprenticeship Diploma and additional
vocational courses or technical school graduate; and/or military
and/or civilian experience with Shipfitting practices in a repair
department or shipyard. Knowledge and practical skills tests
- 1-3 years experience working under a skilled shipfitter.
- Must be able to understand and perform the basic set up,
alignment, and operation of various portable tools and hand tools
used in the trade including plasma cutting machines and oxy/fuel
- Ability to read a ruler/tape measure.
- Ability to use lay-out tools such as tool scales, squares,
combination squares, trammel points.
- Prepare structural components for post assembly welding by
performing end preparations such as beveling, grinding etc.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
- Ability to obtain access to various bases and military
- DoD Secret Security Clearance, or the ability to obtain one is
desired. Must have the ability to obtain government base access.ADA
Notification:Involves heavy lifting, frequent stooping, bending,
crawling, reaching and possible working assignments in overhead
structures, confined spaces or beneath machinery either indoors or
outdoors in noisy conditions
Keywords: Epsilon Systems Solutions Inc, Portsmouth , Shipfitter I, Other , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!