Ophthalmic Assistant - M-F 1st shift
Company: CVP Physicians
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job Description PRIMARY PURPOSE: Interview and obtain pertinent
patient information and perform preliminary ophthalmic testing.
Provide continual quality patient care and a collegiate work
environment. Duty / Responsibility1. Demonstrates quality patient
service during interactions with patients, coworkers, and
- Exhibits a positive attitude and is flexible in accepting work
assignments and priorities
- Meets attendance and tardiness expectations
- Is dependable; follows policies and procedures
- Maintains professionalism in interactions with patients and
- Performs quality work and consistently exhibits initiative
- Adopts and displays CVPs Mission, Vision and Values in word and
deed2. Obtain an accurate patient history thorough patient
interview and documentation in EHR.
- Chief complaint.
- Past ocular history.
- Family history.
- Systemic illnesses.
- Allergies and drug reactions.
- Review of Systems Update and review with the patient.
- Understand and capture meaningful use requirements.3. Basic
Skills and Lensometry
- Measure visual acuity at distance and near utilizing
appropriate test for age and education, and record accurately.
Perform pinhole testing
- Instill drugs properly and understand the
indication/contraindication for use in dilation and as corneal
- Measure and record current lens power accurately with a
lensometer. (noline/line bifocal included)
- Perform and record Amsler Grid and/or Schirmer Testing
- Evaluate the pupil using transillumination method.
- Estimate anterior chamber depth.
- Perform tonopen tonometry or applanation as needed.
- Perform and record motility.
- Perform and record confrontation visual fields.4. Lane
Maintenance and calibration as assigned
- Perform routine instrument maintenance on all ophthalmic
- Stock examination rooms in assigned area and ensure that
medication expiration dates are current.
- Disinfect and maintain examination rooms.
- Comply with company and Pharmacy Board drop inventory
- Ability to perform equipment calibration and log
documentation.5. General medical knowledge including understanding
of CPR, basic anatomy and physiology, systemic disease, ocular
disease, ocular emergencies, sterile technique.6. Additional duties
- Surgical assisting with minor outpatient procedures.
- Perform basic slit lamp examination.
- Perform corneal topography.
- Measure axial length with Iolmaster or A-Scan
- Perform keratometry.
- Perform refractometry.
- Other skills/duties specific to sub-specialty area.
- Act as physician scribe.
- Ability to identify +APD as needed.
- Perform and record color vision testing as needed.
- Perform and record Amsler Grid and/or Schirmer Testing7.
Performs scribe duties. Accurately and efficiently documents
patient exams as dictated by the doctor into the patients
electronic medical record.8. Other
- Has completed AAO home study course.
- Has a COA test date in mind. Non Certified Technicians hired
after September 1, 2013 are expected to become certified as a COA
within 18 months of hire. If this goal is not accomplished it will
result in an overall reduction in TIP and/or a reduction in future
pay increase amounts.
- Employee is responsible for the cost of the exam and will be
reimbursed once a passing score has been received. One
reimbursement may be received by each employee per technician
certification level. To request reimbursement, please submit the
check request, along with receipts showing payment for the exam to
the clinic manager. The manager will then forward the completed
check request and receipts to HR. The reimbursement will show on
the regularly scheduled pay voucher.
- Employees who terminate employment within 12 months of exam
completion will have expenses related to the exam fee deducted from
their pay voucher.
- Has completed allnew hire in-services new hire orientation;
corporate compliance.9. Perform other duties as
assigned.BACKGROUND:Education: Minimum of a High School diploma or
general education degree.Experience: Previous medical office
experience preferred; previous ophthalmic experience strongly
preferred.This job description is merely a summary and in no way
states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by
the incumbent. Requirements represent minimum levels of knowledge,
skills, and abilities. This document does not create an employment
contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at-will employment
relationship.If you need assistance with this application, please
contact (636) 227-2600EyeCare Partners is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be
considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.Please do not contact the
office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will
Keywords: CVP Physicians, Portsmouth , Ophthalmic Assistant - M-F 1st shift, Other , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!