Inside Property Adjuster
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Purpose of JobLet's do something that really matters.
We have an important mission: serving the members of the military
community and their families. It's both a chance to say thank you
and the opportunity to put your talents to work in a meaningful
way. To do it right, we need the right people. We're looking for
those who share our values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and
service. Because what we do is just as important as how we do it.
Come be a part of what makes us so special!
Our Property Insurance Adjuster role may be the career for you.
There's a lot to learn, but the journey is mapped out. Our
comprehensive, fully paid six week training program including class
discussions, hands-on training, e-learning modules, and instructor
led guidance to help you support our membership independently.
Military veterans and spouses are highly encouraged to apply.
We have multiple desk based positions available for onsite or
remote work types. Preferred candidates that live within a
commutable distance of one of our offices in San Antonio, TX,
Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Chesapeake, VA, or Colorado Springs, CO
will have a hybrid work schedule defined as at least 3 days in the
office, 2 days remote or based on business needs.
We are currently seeking dedicated professionals for future
property insurance adjuster opportunities in 2022 with the desire
to work a full-time schedule after training. Typical work schedules
are 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (local time) Monday to Friday and may include
some weekends. This is an hourly, non-exempt position with paid
overtime available. We have new training classes starting every
month.Job RequirementsAs a Property Insurance Adjuster, you will
work within established guidelines and framework to investigate,
evaluate, negotiate, and settle moderate to complex property
insurance claims presented by or against our members. You will
confirm and analyzes coverage, recognize liability exposure and
negotiate equitable settlements in compliance with all state
regulatory requirements. The ideal candidate will possess strong
virtual estimating skills for minimal to low severity losses and/or
reconcile estimates while working in a telephone concentrated
environment without physical inspection of loss.Primary
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Handles assigned claims caseload comprised of claims with
moderate to complex damages. Updates initial reserve levels decided
by complexity. Leverages digital platform(s) to prepare
- Partners with vendors and internal business partners to
initiate inspections and facilitate moderately complex claims
- Investigates claim damages by conducting research from various
sources, including the insured, third parties, and external
resources. May identify and resolve potential discrepancies
resulting from unusual characteristics.
- Identifies coverage concerns, reviews prior loss history,
determines and creates Special Investigation Unit (SIU) referrals,
- Determines coverage through analyzing investigation information
involving moderate to complex claim recommendation and
- Communicates with insured about coverage and any issues that
arise. Determines and negotiates settlement amounts for damages
- Maintains accurate and current claim file documentation
throughout the claims process for moderate to complex claims.
- Proficient knowledge of estimating technology platforms to
prepare claims estimates in order to handle moderate to complex
property insurance claims.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe (CAT) operations as
needed to include working significant overtime; may involve
deployment travel during designated CATs.
- Recognizes and solves obstacles that can occur in the claims
process without supervisory approval.Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of relevant property claims adjusting experience or 2
years relevant claims adjusting experience
- Successfully acquire Property & Casualty (P&C) adjuster
license and state registrations within 90 days of hire
- Developing knowledge of XactAnalysis, Xact Contents, or similar
tools and platforms
- Developing knowledge of property claims contracts and
interpretation of case lawPreferred Requirements:
- US military service or military spouse
- 2+ years relevant residential property claims adjusting
experience, to include personal property and dwelling
- Strong estimate writing skills using Xactimate, ClaimsX or
- Experience scoping the loss, writing an estimate, and managing
- Knowledge of homeowner property policies and endorsements
- Currently hold an active Adjuster license
- Prior experience working directly for a standard insurance
- Industry designations such as AINS, CPCU, AIC, SCLA (or
- Experience in a call center environmentWork From Home
- Broadband internet bandwidth must have minimum consistent
speeds of 25 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload.
- This is not a mobile position and will require a desktop
computer set up (USAA provided) and hard-wired connection via an
Ethernet cable directly into your router (no Wi-Fi).
- Wireless and Satellite coverage is currently not approved.
- Able to provide workspace at home that is safe, suitable for
work, and a distraction free environment from background noises
that may distract USAA member customers.
- In some roles you will be expected to use a USAA provided
webcam for training.Compensation: USAA has an effective process for
assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The hiring range for this position
is: $46,000 - $82,900.Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium: Addressed
on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.To see
details on our outstanding benefits, visit Relocation assistance is
not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Portsmouth , Inside Property Adjuster, Other , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!