Senior Property Adjuster (Condo Claims)
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Purpose of JobLet's do something that really matters.
We have an important mission: serving the members of the military
community and their families. It's both a chance to say thank you
and the opportunity to put your talents to work in a meaningful
way. To do it right, we need the right people. We're looking for
those who share our values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and
service. Because what we do is just as important as how we do it.
Come be a part of what makes us so special!
It is all about learning and growing.
Military veterans and spouses are highly encouraged to apply!
Our Senior Property Adjuster role may be the career for you.
There's a lot to learn, but the journey is mapped out. Our
comprehensive, fully paid six week training program including class
discussions, hands-on training, e-learning modules, and instructor
led guidance to help you support our membership independently.
We have multiple desk based positions available for hybrid work
situations. Preferred candidates are expected to live within a
commutable distance of one of our offices in San Antonio, TX,
Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Chesapeake, VA, or Colorado Springs, CO and
willing to adopt a hybrid work situation defined as at least 3 days
in the office, or based on business needs.Job RequirementsAs a
Senior Property Insurance Adjuster, you will work within
established guidelines and framework to investigate, evaluate,
negotiate, and settle complex property insurance claims presented
by or against our members. You will confirm and analyzes coverage,
recognize liability exposure and negotiate equitable settlements in
compliance with all state regulatory requirements.Property
Adjusters focus on using technology and desk adjusting for a
virtual first approach to inspections and claims handling. This is
an hourly, non-exempt position with paid overtime available.
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Handle assigned claims' caseload comprised of claims with
complex damages including specialty claims. Updates initial reserve
levels decided by complexity. Leverages digital platform(s) to
- Partners with vendors and internal business partners to
facilitate complex claims. May also involve external regulatory
coordination to ensure appropriate documentation and
- Investigates claim damages by conducting research from various
sources, including the insured, third parties, and external
- Proactively identifies and engages in additional confirmation
of potential discrepancies involving complicated situations.
- Identifies coverage concerns, reviews prior loss history,
determines and creates Special Investigation Unit (SIU) referrals,
- Figures out coverage through analyzing information involving
complex policy terms and contingencies.
- Communicates with insured about coverage or any issues that
involve additional information or considerations regarding
- Determines and negotiates complex claims settlement and makes
recommendations to management for settlement amounts outside of
- Maintains accurate and current claim file documentation
throughout the claims process for complex claims.
- Proficient knowledge of estimating technology platforms to
prepare claims estimates in order to manage complex property
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe (CAT) operations as
needed to include working significant overtime; may involve
deployment travel during designated CATs.
- Recognizes and solves obstacles that occurs in the claims
process without supervisory approval.
- Serves as a resource for less experienced staff, providing
informal coaching as appropriate.
- May require limited travel to resolve claims and conduct
in-person inspections. -Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years' relevant property claims adjusting experience of
moderate complexity that includes writing estimates involving
dwelling and structural damages
- Successfully acquire Property & Casualty (P&C) adjuster
license and state registrations within 90 days of hire
- Proficient knowledge of Xactimate or similar estimating
- Advanced knowledge estimating losses of moderate
- Proficient knowledge of property claims contracts and
interpretation of case law
- Demonstrated negotiation, investigation, communication and
conflict resolution skills
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the year (local & non-local) and/or
work catastrophe duty when needed
- Developing knowledge of residential construction -Preferred
- US military service or military spouse
- 1 or more years of experience adjusting Condo claims
- Liability claims handling experience
- Experience desk adjusting property claims involving DWG, APS
and ALE using virtual technologies such as ClaimXperience
- Experience handling large loss complex claims (i.e., vandalism,
malicious mischief, foreclosures, earth movement, collapse,
- Insurance industry designations such as AINS, CPCU, AIC, SCLA
(or actively pursuing)
- Xactimate Level 1 and/or Level 2 certification
- Currently hold an active P&C Adjuster License
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience Reviewing and Interpreting Legal documents and
- Advanced working knowledge using Xactimate and Payment
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a
group environmentPhysical Demand Requirements:
- May require the ability to crouch and stoop to inspect confined
spaces, to include attics and go beneath homes into crawl
- May need to meet all USAA safe driving requirements including
verification of driving record through MVR & possession of valid
- May require the ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds to
include lifting a ladder in and out of the trunk of a car.
- May require the ability to climb ladders and traverse roofs,
this includes the ability to work at heights while inspecting roofs
and attics. -Work From Home Requirements:
- Broadband internet bandwidth must have minimum consistent
speeds of 25 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload.
- This is not a mobile position and will require a desktop
computer set up (USAA provided) and hard-wired connection via an
Ethernet cable directly into your router (no Wi-Fi).
- Wireless and Satellite coverage is currently not approved.
- Able to provide workspace at home that is safe, suitable for
work, and a distraction free environment from background noises
that may distract USAA member customers.
- In some roles you will be expected to use a USAA provided
webcam for training.Compensation: USAA has an effective process for
assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The hiring range for this position
is: $60,300.00 - $108,600.00 USD Annual.Employees may be eligible
for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual
performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors.Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average.Shift
premium: Addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that
are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits: At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit Relocation
assistance is not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Portsmouth , Senior Property Adjuster (Condo Claims), Other , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!