Posted on: July 29, 2022
US0073 Sysco Hampton Roads, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:
Minimum Years of Experience:
This is an Operations position responsible for moving trucks and
trailers in and out of dock doors for loading and unloading.
- Collaborates with the loaders and supervision to move trucks
and trailers from one location to another according to door
- Checks to ensure that each unit is sealed and that the
refrigeration unit is operating correctly and running.
- Moves trucks and trailers from dock to dock as needed to
complete the loading process which includes dropping and hooking
- Ensures the trailer or truck is completely loaded and secured
before moving from the dock area.
- Works with transportation management to ensure the proper
equipment is used on the proper route.
- Works closely with fleet shop management to ensure any repairs
are finished before using the equipment.
- Helps keep truck parking yard free of debris and trash.
- Arranges trucks and trailers on the yard in an orderly and
- Moves trucks and trailers for receiving when needed.
- Records start up time and reefer set points for pre-cooling
- Ensures trailer doors are closed while not in the dock
- The following duties may also be required at the site:
- Check oil and fluid levels.
- Fueling trucks and trailers.
- Wash out trailers.
- Check lights/hoses/tires.
- Less than high school education.
- 1 year of warehouse or transportation experience
- Truck backing experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Valid driver's license required.
- Pallet Jack and Forklift Certification from Sysco. Can obtain
once hired into the role.
- Able to communicate efficiently with others in a proficient
- Can add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
- Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Follows instructions, and responds to management
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Inspires the trust of others.
- Works with integrity and ethically.
- Upholds organizational values.
- Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming.
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Uses time efficiently.
- Tactfully approaches others.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Observes safety and security procedures.
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to stand; walk, bend; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Climb into trailers and tractors.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving
mechanical parts and all weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
associates within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates
assigned to this job.
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Portsmouth , Yard Spotter, Other , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!