Epidemiologist - SAS
Company: General Dynamics
Posted on: June 14, 2022
Type of Requisition:RegularClearance Level Must Currently
Possess:NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to
Obtain:SecretSuitability:No Suitability RequiredPublic Trust/Other
Required:NoneJob Family:EpidemiologyJob Description:GDIT's Military
Health Team is seeking a EPIDEMIOLOGIST in support of the NMCPHC,
Navy and Marine Corps' Center for Public Health services. The
NMCPHC provides leadership and expertise to ensure mission
readiness through disease prevention and health promotion in
support of the National Military Strategy.**SIGN ON BONUS
ELIGIBLE**IN THIS ROLE, A TYPICAL DAY WILL INCLUDE:
- This role initiates and executes scientific research and/or
development studies. Analyzes problems and applies theoretical
techniques to develop solutions.
- Directly or indirectly responsible for the application of
complex and advanced scientific theories, concepts, principles, and
- Recognized within the company and the technical community as an
authority in one or more scientific disciplines.
- Typically assists or publishes professional and scientific
papers and patents.
- Develops advanced concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Develops new applications based on professional principles and
- Works directly with senior personnel, program managers, and
external organizations in the planning, oversight, execution, and
evaluation of multiple complex technical and scientific
- Maintains a liaison role with staff and customers, and acts
independently on issues within his/her field of expertise.WHAT
- Master's degree and 5+ years experience initiating and
executing scientific research and/or development studies
- Advanced knowledge and expertise in the use of statistical
programs such as Statistical Analysis System (SAS) and Statistical
Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) to evaluate epidemiological
- Advanced knowledge of surveillance monitoring systems.
- Advanced knowledge of how to conduct comprehensive
investigations to identify and characterize risk factors.
- Advanced knowledge of how to develop strategies to reduce
injury and disease incidence or mitigate health risk, and to
evaluate and recommend methods of control including preventive
- US citizenship and ability to obtain Interim Secret clearance
is required. Active Secret clearance strongly preferred.Preferred:
- PhD preferred
- Active Secret clearance strongly preferred.WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER
- Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your
- 401K with company match
- Diverse, highly collaborative teams
- Professional development, education assistance, certification
Weekly Hours:40Travel Required:NoneTelecommuting Options:OnsiteWork
Location:USA VA PortsmouthAdditional Work Locations:COVID-19
Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to
all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees
and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require
employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the
federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.We are
GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government,
defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver.
Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical
missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in,
integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is
safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside
our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the
technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed
to get the job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
veteran status, or any other protected class.
Keywords: General Dynamics, Portsmouth , Epidemiologist - SAS, Other , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!