Certified Medication Aide
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Certified Medication Aide, under close supervision, assists in
performing routine duties to include medication administration,
inventory control and storage of pharmaceutical items.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Certified Medication Aide Course
- One (1) year related experience in a medical environment
- Certified as a Medication Aide in the state within which
services are provided
- Must have current CPR CertificationResponsibilities
- Preparing and administering prescribed medications to patients
under the supervision of a licensed RN, and in compliance with all
Facility policies and procedures and Pharmacy Board rules and
regulations governing the administration and documentation of
- Adhering to all Facility policies and procedures and Pharmacy
Board rules and regulation regarding the administration and
documentation of narcotic medications.
- Performing medication administration responsibilities while
adhering to all safety principles.
- Documenting administration of medication on the Medication
Administration Record (MAR).
- Documenting medications not administered on the MAR, and the
reason for not being administered.
- Adhering to proper infection control techniques during the
medication administration process, including the incorporation of
universal precautions when indicated.
- Recognizing and adhering to the six (6) rights of medication
- Participating in data collection, medication audits, and other
performance improvement activities related to medication
- Reporting any adverse patient medication reactions immediately
to a supervisor.
- Ensuring the medication cart remains clean and orderly.
- Reordering and replacing medications and medication
administration supplies, as needed, to perform routine job
- Ensuring the confidentiality and rights of patients, the
confidentiality of the health systems and department documents, and
adhering to HIPAA Regulations.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Portsmouth , Certified Medication Aide, Other , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!