Posted on: October 9, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Chronic Care Nurse (RN) is responsible for the overall
tracking, management, and timely care provisions for patients with
chronic medical conditions. This position works closely with
on-site physician and mid-level providers to ensure chronically ill
patients are seen on a routine and scheduled basis dictated by
their disease process.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Three (3) years of relevant clinical experience is
- Prior medical/surgical or emergency/trauma experience is
- Previous Corrections experience preferred
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state within
which services are provided
- Current CPR Certification
- Maintaining a comprehensive log of all patients with a chronic
illness that includes appointment schedule, disease(s) of interest,
and diagnostic testing schedule.
- Assessing patients as directed by Physician or Mid-level
- Preparing patients for chronic care provider visit, ensuring
all required diagnostic testing is complete and results are
available to provider upon visit.
- Providing relevant patient education during clinic visits or as
- Ensuring any and all special needs are addressed on a
patient-specific basis per provider order.
- Scheduling off-site specialty consultations as ordered by
- Ensuring off-site specialty recommendations are presented to
on-site provider(s), and ensure corresponding orders are
- Maintaining chronic care statistical data as directed by
on-site Medical Director and develop all corresponding reports as
requested; i.e., HbA1c monitoring.
- Reviewing all ER or inpatient hospitalization aftercare
recommendations for chronic patients, present such to the provider,
and ensure orders are carried out.
- Conducting medication compliance studies for chronic patients
- Working with provider team and Director of Nursing to maximize
use of Facility Infirmary or Medical Observation Unit for
chronically ill patients in lieu of off-site hospital
- Ensuring Facility chronic care program remains in compliance
with standards published by the National Commission on Correctional
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Portsmouth , Registered Nurse, Other , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!