Epidemiologist Health Analysis - SAS
Company: General Dynamics
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA VA Portsmouth
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ86622
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
You can make GDIT your place. You make it your own by turning
obstacles into action. By owning your opportunity at GDIT, you'll
play an important role in providing the technologies and services
that millions of healthcare professionals depend on, every day. Our
work depends on an Epidemiologist joining our team to support the
Navy Marine Corps Public Health Center (NMCPHC) activities in
At GDIT, we put our people first. As an Epidemiologist at the
NMCPHC you will help support the mission of providing leadership
and expertise to ensure mission readiness through disease
prevention and health promotion in support of the National Military
IN THIS ROLE, A TYPICAL DAY WILL INCLUDE:
- This role initiates and executes scientific research and/or
development studies and conducts routine and non-routine
- Analyzes problems and applies theoretical techniques to develop
- Directly or indirectly responsible for the application of
complex and advanced scientific theories, concepts, principles, and
- Recognized within the company and the technical community as an
authority in one or more scientific disciplines.
- Design studies and metrics for the evaluation of the
effectiveness of clinical services, medical management activities,
disease prevention programs and health promotion activities to
support data-driven decisions.
- Design and perform a variety of detailed biostatistical
analyses and apply knowledge of advanced statistical software
(e.g., SAS) to tasks that involve large amount of data or extensive
- Develops advanced concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Develops new applications based on professional principles and
- Works directly with senior personnel, program managers, and
external organizations in the planning, oversight, execution, and
evaluation of multiple complex technical and scientific
- Coordinate and facilitate between teams of professional and
support personnel in
- Maintains a liaison role with staff and customers and acts
independently on issues within his/her field of expertise.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Master of Science degree in epidemiology with at least 15
credit hours in basic and advanced biostatistics courses or a
Masters in Public Health degree with at least 30 credit hours in
courses in epidemiology and biostatistics may substitute for the
epidemiology degree requirement.
- 5+ years of work experience in the field of epidemiology is
required for this position. Post-Master's degree research may be
substituted for experience on a one-for-one basis.
- Computerized database management and advanced knowledge and
expertise in the use of statistical programs such as Statistical
Analysis System (SAS) to evaluate epidemiological questions.
- Advanced knowledge of surveillance monitoring systems.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate functions of
cross-functional teams of professional and support personnel in
conducting routine and non-routine epidemiologic evaluations.
- Demonstrated skills in written and oral communication.
- US citizenship and ability to obtain Interim Secret clearance
is required. Active Secret clearance strongly preferred.
- Experience with DATA Step Processing, SQL Processing, SAS Macro
Language, SAS/STAT, SAS/GRAPH, CDISC Standards, Data Management
with Large Datasets (ETL).
- SAS Certified Clinical Trials Programmer Using SAS 9, SAS
Certified Advanced Programmer for SAS 9, SAS Certified Base
Programmer for SAS 9.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401K with company match
- Customizable health benefits packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your
- Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around
- Full-flex work week
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA VA Portsmouth
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex
government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country.
We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance
critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest
in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today
is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground,
beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering
the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services
needed to get the job done. nnGDIT is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected
Keywords: General Dynamics, Portsmouth , Epidemiologist Health Analysis - SAS, Other , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!