Posted on: May 3, 2021
Amentum is seeking a Cybersecurity Analyst to support our
Portsmouth VA team. This position will provide professional support
in the administration of the Division Security function or a
specific contract or project to ensure compliance with security
regulations and procedures in accordance with DOD, customer-
specific guidelines and company-wide security policy and
- Monitor information system activity, collect, review, and
retain audit logs to include system logs and records and determine
actions to be taken when discrepancies are detected.
- Collect and review audit data of network activity to support
technical analysis relating to misuse, penetration reconstruction,
or other security investigations. Investigate and report actual or
suspected information systems security incidents, events, or
violations and report to the Cybersecurity Manager.
- Performs analyses to validate established security processes
and recommend additional security steps to ensure compliance with
applicable DOD IA requirements and baseline IA controls.
- Conduct network security vulnerability assessments using DoD
provided scanning tools and liaison with network administrators to
correct identified problems.
- Review Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) for
applicability and impact to the range networks. Ensure that all
systems are patched and report compliance or problems in achieving
compliance to the Cybersecurity Manager.
- Evaluate information systems for compliance with Defense
Information Security Agency (DISA) Security Technical
Implementation Guideline (STIG) and review measures needed to bring
systems into compliance.
- Conduct vulnerability scanning for new information system
deployment or systems temporary connected to CTTR enclaves to
support training events or testing. Ensure new information systems
are configured in accordance with current DISA STIG's and DoD/DoN
- Verify all Virus Signatures are kept up to date, and Automated
and Manual Virus Scans are documented, scheduled and are being
completed. React to and report actual or suspected events to the
- Assist in evaluation of Information Systems for compliance with
Government statutes, DoD 8500.2 IA Controls, DoD FISMA directives,
policies and regulations.
Assist in the documentation, review, and assessment of RMF
packages including SIP (System Identification Profiles, DIPs (RMF
Implementation Plans), Scorecards, POA&Ms, RMF Artifacts, and
IA (Information Assurance) Controls.
- Update/maintain a Plan of Action and Milestone (POA&M) in
order to track the resolution of vulnerabilities identified on
- Ensure IA requirements are identified and included in the
design, acquisition, installation, operation, upgrade, or
replacement of all Information Technology (IT) dependent
- Assist the Cybersecurity Manager with the development of the IA
related Procedures, and Work Instructions.
- Attend IA security training as required to maintain and gain
knowledge and skills of current IA issues.
- Supports the Computer Systems Analyst to determine limitations
of existing systems and performs duties as alternate System
- Position requires ability and commitment to provide coverage
outside normal working hours or shifts in daily hours, as
warranted, not to interfere with Range Operations.
- Associate Degree in Business Administration or Security or
- Requires the ability to process and operate application
software, to include word-processing, spreadsheets and
- Must be able to obtain and maintain DOD 8570.01
- U.S. citizenship required.
- Active Top Secret security clearance required.
- Position may require travel
Keywords: Amentum, Portsmouth , Cybersecurity Analyst, Other , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!