Posted on: November 13, 2019
Description Job Description:Join the ranks at Leidos and be a part
of team that is supporting the ACC ISR Contract at Langley
AFBPosition SummaryThe job of the Mission Systems Technician is to
apply network / systems analysis techniques and procedures to
determine hardware, software, or network / system functional
specifications, and design, develop, test and modify computer
systems and programs based on user or design specifications. Many
of the systems are unique, one of a kind, custom built prototypes
that are continually changing and evolving to meet mission needs.
The Systems administrator will provide support in a Top Secret
Special Compartment Information (TS/SCI) classified environment
which is technically complex, has little government provided
documentation and limited OEM documentation. Shift work and some
travel required.Primary Responsibilities
- Administration and maintenance support for systems, end user
devices and applications .
- Minimal server and database archive support will also be
- Update and monitor application performance and provide data
management for devices including, but not limited to, end user
devices, servers, and database archives.
- Support additional systems including, but not limited to,
NIPRnet, SIPRnet, FMV, and internal voice systems.
- Exercise good analytic and problem solving skills when
restoring outages and connectivity issues and do so under extremely
tight time constraints. -Ability to add a new part or capability to
an existing design or system.
- Work often times involves improving a capability or parts
performance through changes in technology or improved versions of
the part or equipment.
- Assist with determining technical solutions for presentation to
the government customer. -Troubleshoot quickly and exercise work
independently.Basic Qualifications -
- Bachelors Degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience
or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of IT related experience
- Must be able to provide tier 1 and tier 2 communication
- Able to apply knowledge of computer science principles,
information management principles, data processing functions and
Automated Data Processing (ADP) hardware and software systems
structures and operations, and computer programming languages and
technique to provide support across multiple platforms and
- Experience with Data base Administration, SharePoint
Development, System Administration, System Architect and Systems
- Must possess the ability to communicate well both verbally and
in writing to end users and management.
- Self-motivation and the ability to manage multiple priorities
along with a strong work ethic required.
- Must have a current Security+ required by DoD 8570. ?Candidates
that meet ?IAT Level II or IAM level I ?may also be qualified?
- Must have a current TS/SCI security Clearance.?Preferred
- Military experience in a computer-related career
- Windows Powershell experience/knowledgeExternal Referral
Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Top
Secret/SCITravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly
Family:Systems AdministrationLeidos is a Fortune 500? information
technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader
working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense,
intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The
company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government
and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos
reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the
fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit
www.Leidos.com.Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career
decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect
the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment
benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness
programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More
details are available here.Leidos will never ask you to provide
payment-related information at any part of the employment
application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only
through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If
you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for
payment-related information or any other personal information,
please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship,
religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry,
domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis
prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with
Keywords: Leidos, Portsmouth , Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Hampton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!