Network Manager (Job #6269)
Posted on: March 15, 2023
SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking a Network Manager for our
client in the Portsmouth, VA area.
Under limited supervision, maintains the Client's local and wide area networks (LAN and WAN) as well as wireless network environments, to include technical support, installation, and configuration.
Incumbent will be responsible for the operation of data and voice networks, including software and hardware linking computer systems, telephone systems, and other electronic equipment in Client?s departments and buildings. Works to maintain a high availability of the networks; designs and implement new networks; and recommend advances in network technology for improvements.
This position reports to the Director of Information Technology.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
* Provides network environment technical support, including installation.
* Conducts configuration and maintenance of local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), and wireless networks.
* Researches, troubleshoots, and resolves network problems with connectivity, security, or other related issues.
* Monitors the performance of network segments; minimizes network delays and bottlenecks.
* Plans and monitors the installation of all wired and wireless networking equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, firewalls, and access points.
* Supports fiber-optic infrastructure for enterprise network integration.
* Provides support for servers and remote user connectivity.
* Plans, prepares, and implements security plans for the network.
* Monitors network traffic.
* Administrates the firewall and other related security equipment.
* Performs regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
* Installs and upgrades software for network operations.
* Recommends advances in network technology to improve data and voice services.
* Designs and implements network topologies.
* Configures equipment to provide optimum performance.
* Conducts short- and long-term planning to meet network requirements.
* Maintains accurate equipment inventory, network documentation, and maintenance records.
* Evaluates services provided by vendors and recommends necessary changes.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
* Serves on-call and may have to provide after-hours troubleshooting and maintenance activities.
* Administrates Client?s telephone systems.
* Manages equipment warranties and maintenance plans.
* Designs technical solutions and coordinates with the staff to ensure timely and accurate implementation.
* Serves as a technical lead, providing supervision and mentorship to network administrators, to include work assignments and performance management.
* Performs other related work as required.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or other related technical field.
* 6 to 9 years of experience supporting network operating systems; implementing, administering, and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices; maintaining enterprise-level infrastructure, to include fiber optics and wireless; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
* MUST be certified as a Cisco Network Professional (CCNP), Voice Professional (CCVP), Wireless (CCNP Wireless) or Network Security (CCSP).
* Certification as Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Novell Certified Network Engineer (CNE) is preferred.
Knowledge of Job:
* Has thorough knowledge of networking protocols, such as TCP/IP, MPLS, 8021.Q QoS, GRE Tunneling.
* Has thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of network administration, including LAN, WAN, ATM, MPLS, Frame-Relay, PPP, CDP, STP, and VTP.
* Has thorough knowledge of the operating characteristics, capabilities, limitations, and service requirements of computers, communication and auxiliary equipment, to include network routers, hubs, switches, firewalls, wireless APs and telephone equipment.
* Has thorough knowledge ofVLANs, 802.lq Trunking, IP Telephony, and QOS service implementation.
* Has thorough knowledge of enterprise system monitoring and management tools, such as CISCO MARS, Splunk, Wireshark, Websense, NMAP, and Solarwinds.
* Has thorough knowledge of commercial enterprise-level tools and products to provide network services, including firewalls, IPS/IDS, DNS, DI-ICP, web security, T ACACS+, CISCO ACS, VPN, and NAC.
* Has thorough knowledge of the operation of computers, computer and telephone software, and peripheral equipment.
* Has considerable knowledge of the various types of input and output media.
* Has considerable knowledge of data processing operations, procedures, and terminology.
* Has considerable knowledge of current literature, trends, and developments in the field of computer operations.
* Has considerable knowledge of the operation of communications and peripheral equipment.
* Has considerable knowledge of repair and maintenance techniques for a variety of electrical and electronics equipment and devices.
* Has considerable knowledge of VolP equipment and operation.
* Has general knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
* Is proficient with firewalls and IDS/IPS technology.
* Is able to detect and repair system, network, and electrical failures.
* Is able to work with a VolP provider to deploy and support infrastructure.
* Is able to revise production and testing schedules for the achievement of maximum computer time utilization.
* Is able to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
* Is able to prepare clear and concise instructions, and convey them orally and in writing.
* Is able to establish and maintain effective working relationships as necessitated by work assignments.
We have been growing since 1990 with offices in Virginia, Gaithersburg, MD., New York, Raleigh, NC, and Austin TX. For over twenty three years, we have delivered customized, creative IT solutions for customers in the commercial, and state and local government sectors.
*Staff Augmentation *Managed Services *IT Outsourcing *IT Consulting
Thank you for your consideration, please submit your resume today! Visit us at www.slaitconsulting.com
**Must be able to work for any employer in the United States. No Visa sponsorship.**
SLAIT Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking a Network Manager for our client in the Portsmouth, VA area.
Keywords: , Portsmouth , Network Manager (Job #6269), IT / Software / Systems , Portsmouth, Virginia
here to apply!