Posted on: May 19, 2019
FirstLight is in search of a full-time HR Generalist who will work
closely with senior HR management in supporting a fast-paced, fun,
and innovative workplace. Located in beautiful Portsmouth, NH, this
position will carry out responsibilities related to employee
relations, benefits administration, performance management,
onboarding, policy implementation, HRIS management, and employment
law compliance. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to communicate professionally through all types of
media with employees, management, executives, and vendors,
exhibiting poise, composure, and confidence when confronting
confidential Human Resource-related situations.
- Experience managing employee engagement initiatives that
proactively create a rewarding, collaborative, and professional
- Skilled at investigating employee relations issues,
recommending resolution alternatives and interacting with various
internal and external departments to research and resolve
- Familiarity with benefit program best practices and experience
responding to benefit inquiries.
- Solid understanding of federal and local laws. Experience
maintaining federal & state regulatory records and filings (FMLA,
EEO, FLSA, OSHA, etc.)
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel with an
ability to create meaningful reports used to drive decisions.
- Must have strong work ethic, be well organized, and reliable.
High degree of integrity required with the ability to deal with
sensitive or confidential business information.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced
and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and
- Understanding of HR best practices with a history of
implementing projects that streamline efficiency. EDUCATION and/or
- 2 -4 years' experience in an HR or related field.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- PHR, SPHR, or SHRM-CPcertification preferred FirstLight offers
a competitive base salary, opportunities for growth, tuition
reimbursement, and an outstanding benefits package including
health, dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term and
long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and a generous
paid time off program for work-life-balance.
Keywords: FirstLight, Portsmouth , HR Generalist, Human Resources , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!