Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) - Orthopedic Clinic
Company: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Posted on: June 5, 2019
Family Practice/Primary Care opening in Portsmouth, Virginia. This
and other lpn/lvn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) - Orthopedic Clinic job in
Norfolk, Virginia. The job is a civilian position within the
extensive military medical system. Civilian and military personnel
work together in hospitals and clinics providing a full range of
services to the active duty military service members, military
retirees, and their families.Our employees are our best assets!
Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are
valued.Full-time hoursPTO - fantastic accrual ratePaid
holidaysCompetitive CompensationBenefit Package (health, dental,
and vision plans) Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) - Orthopedic
Clinic Job Overview:
- Perform nursing duties associated with patient encounters such
as obtaining and documenting patient and pertinent family medical
history and patient chief complaint, assist physician during
patient examination, as directed, provide patient education
materials according to Clinic protocol.
- Check patients into the clinic and triage using clinic
guidelines. Inform the nurse or physician of the patient's
condition and potential problems.
- Obtain and document patient and pertinent family history.
- Perform a full range of diagnostic support duties which include
taking vital signs, collecting specimens, obtaining, recording and
tracking results of diagnostic tools.
- Assist the physician in a variety of diagnostic examinations
such as lumbar punctures, colposcopies and sigmoidoscopies, by
preparing, positioning and monitoring patients, and setting out and
handling instruments and equipment.
- Perform laboratory tests such as checking urine for sugar and
stool for blood. Record and report results of test.
- Perform a range of treatment procedures that include sterile
dressing changes, applying compresses, monitoring IV fluids,
inserting catheters and suctions, inserting nasogastric tubes,
administering medications, giving enemas, setting up and giving
treatment that requires auxiliary equipment such as oxygen and
suction. Ambulate patients to other areas to include Radiology,
various clinics, and physical therapy.
- Prepare patients for tests, examinations, treatments, and/or
- Prepare, start, monitor and discontinue intravenous fluids with
accuracy and in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintain records of nursing care, dose and time of medication
administered, and indicate if the medication was not administered
and the reason.
- Perform preoperative procedures for minor surgery, and fill out
- Assist patients in admission, transfer, and perform discharge
planning follow-up and documentation.
- Support the patient and/or family members toward the
achievement of treatment plan goals. Provide instructions to the
patient on invasive procedures, surgical procedures and
post-surgical conditions which were previously provided to the
patient by a nurse or physician. Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN)
- Orthopedic Clinic Job Qualifications:
Basic Life Support (BLS) Graduate
from a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse
(LVN) program accredited by the Accreditation Commission for
Education in Nursing (ACEN). LPN/LVN License: active, current,
unrestricted. Any US state.1 year within the last two (2) years as
an LPN working in an orthopedic or surgical setting. Ability to
meet security requirements to access work site Come join our team
of healthcare professionals!
Keywords: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES, Portsmouth , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) - Orthopedic Clinic, Healthcare , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!