Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Company: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Posted on: April 6, 2019
Couple and Family opening in Portsmouth, Virginia. This and other
social worker jobs brought to you by AlliedHealthJobCafe.com
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) job in Norfolk, Virginia.
The job is a civilian position within the extensive military
medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together in
hospitals and clinics providing a full range of services to the
active duty military service members, military retirees, and their
families.Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of
healthcare professionals where you are valued.PTO - fantastic
accrual ratePaid holidaysCompetitive CompensationBenefit Package
(health, dental, and vision plans)Licensed Clinical Social Worker
(LCSW) Job Overview:
- Functions as the primary mental health therapist providing
in-depth mental health diagnostic evaluation, assessment and
evidenced based psychotherapy utilizing clinical practice
guidelines and treatment modalities (e.g. individual, group,
marital, couple, and family therapy as well as crisis
interventions) in both inpatient and outpatient settings dealing
with acute, routine and chronic mental health conditions.
- Conduct comprehensive developmental, behavioral,
educational/vocational, medical, psychiatric and/or psychosocial
assessments to determine patient/family needs and resources (both
family support and community support).
- Provide counseling to patient and/or family in matters directly
related to identify limitations, adjustment to
psychiatric/behavioral condition and ongoing treatment.
- Develop and implement plan of treatment based upon clinical
assessment of patient or family's diagnosis, current level of
functioning, stated goals and necessity of support services.
- Provide direct and indirect services to both inpatients and
outpatients in accordance with social work standards of
- Assess and treat outpatients in individual, group, couples, and
family modalities exercising professional judgment and using a wide
range of social work skills to include individual and family
counseling to assist patients and their families in dealing with
chronic and acute diseases/injuries.
- Conduct psychosocial assessments to determine patient needs and
resources (both family and community support). Provide counseling
to patient and family in matters directly related to patient
limitations, adjustment to medical condition, and ongoing
treatment. Develop and implement discharge plans, follow-up care,
and transfers to other health care facilities (e.g., nursing homes,
rehabilitation hospitals, and Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Plan and maintain referral and coordination services with
civilian health and social service agencies to provide optimal
- Provide consultation services to medical, nursing, and
ancillary hospital staff regarding psychosocial issues, discharge
plans, and follow-up care for patients and families.
- Provide crisis intervention services.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with community
- Coordinate with teachers, lawyers, physicians, and
representatives of their service disciplines for the benefit of the
service member and families. Take initiative in identifying and
assessing the needs of the military community, and organize
responses to address those needs. Licensed Clinical Social Worker
(LCSW) Job Qualifications:
- Basic Life Support by AHAGraduated
from an MSW program accredited by the Council of Social Work
Education (CSWE) with a clinical focus.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) or American
Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
- Licensure: active, unrestricted, unrestricted. Any U.S. state
license. Position contingent on contract award. Incumbents HIGHLY
encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare
Keywords: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES, Portsmouth , Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Healthcare , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!