Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN)
Company: LLM Placements, LLC
Posted on: March 11, 2019
Job DescriptionCheck patients into the clinic and triage using clinic guidelines. Inform the nurse or physician of the patient’s condition and potential problems. Obtain and document patient and pertinent family history. Perform a full range of diagnostic support duties which include taking vital signs, collecting specimens, obtaining, recording and tracking results of diagnostic tools.Observe, report and document all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments and changes in the patient condition to the registered nurse or physician. Make careful observations to assess that nursing procedures and treatment do not cause additional distress.Perform routine nursing care activities such as taking blood pressures, temperatures, baths and hygiene care, passing and removal of trays, changing of linen, and otherwise assist in the care of the physical needs of the patient.Execute physician’s orders within the guidelines of standard nursing practice. Ensure accurate medication is administered in correct form and dosage to the proper patient as directed by the physician. Maintain records of nursing care, dose and time of medication administered, and indicate if the medication was not administered and the reason.Perform preoperative procedures for minor surgery, and fill out pre-op checklist. Assist patients in admission, transfer, and perform discharge planning follow-up and documentation.Support the patient and/or family members toward the achievement of treatment plan goals. Provide instructions to the patient on invasive procedures, surgical procedures and post-surgical conditions which were previously provided to the patient by a nurse or physician.Instruct patients on how equipment is used such as oxygen, suction, cardiac monitor and pulse oximeter. Instruct patients and family on use of prescribed medications, contraindications of medications, and the necessity of proper follow-up care. Ensure necessary supplies are available and equipment is in functioning order. Provide an orderly, clean and safe environment for patients and staff.Ensure maintenance and re-supply of pharmaceuticals in the clinic. Ensure upkeep and perform checks of emergency equipment i.e., oxygen, emergency cart, suction apparatus, etc. and maintain appropriate logs. Inform the Charge Nurse of any discrepancy on daily checks.Assist the professional nurse and/or physician with individual, group, and family health instruction in relation to the patient's condition and his/her ability for self-care. Assist in the dissemination of appropriate literature dealing with subjects related to the particular health problems involved. Assist in providing physical and psychological support to patients, assist in the explanation of procedures and treatment, and promote cooperation among staff, patients and families.Administer immunizations, allergy treatments, oral, parenteral, intravenous (IV) medications, and maintains annual competencies as outlined in departmental policies.Actively participate in MHP Team huddles. Proactively assist team’s identification of diagnostic procedures required during schedule scrub. Assist with identification of patient education needs and review plan with team members for coordination of educational needsPrepare equipment and assist physicians with treatment procedures.Assist with clinic check-out and follow-up visits by reviewing post-visit needs with the patient.Ensure scheduling of follow-up appointments or specialty care referrals. Assist patients by directing or escorting to other clinical services (laboratory, radiology, pharmacy, immunizations, etc.), as required.Participate in the peer review and training of staff and maintenance of the Medical Home Port Team Accreditations (National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), Joint Commission, Inspector General (IG), etc.).QUALIFICATIONS:
- Shall possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Possess a minimum of one (1) year of experience as an LPN working in an outpatient acute care (hospital based) or ambulatory care setting within the last two (2) years.
- Graduate from a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) program accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACNE).
- Possess a current unrestricted license to practice as an LPN/LVN in any one (1) of the fifty (50) States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Shall read, write, speak, and understand the English language fluently and maintain good communication skills with patients and other health care personnel.
- Shall be physically capable of standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time and physically capable of performing all services required under the task order.
- Shall be in good standing and under no sanction or suspension by the Federal Government.HOURS:Various shifts are available and will typically be 6, 9 or 12 hours in length. Hours of operation are Monday through Saturday = 0700 to 1900. The TPC is open on the following Federal holidays from 0700 to 1900: Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday, President's Day, Columbus Day, and Veteran's Day. Company DescriptionLLM Placements is a medical healthcare staffing firm located in Washington, DC. We provide staffing solutions to government and commerical clients.
Keywords: LLM Placements, LLC, Portsmouth , Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN), Healthcare , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!