Intensive Care Unit RN PRN
Company: Chenega Corporation
Posted on: November 4, 2018
Critical Care/ICU/PICU/NICU opening in Portsmouth, Virginia. This and other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Summary: The Intensive Care Unit RN will provide highly specialized nursing care to critically ill patients requiring close observation to detect subtle changes in status. Use advanced assessment skills to identify patient care problems, formulate patient care plans, and to revise patient care goals and objectives according to changes in patient status. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
- Operate and monitor performance of sophisticated equipment used in the care of critically ill patients, including mechanical ventilation, hemodynamic monitoring, intracranial pressure monitoring, pacemaker maintenance, and intra-aortic balloon pump therapy. Safely operate equipment for patients requiring Continuous Venous to Venous Hemofiltration. Continuously monitor and document patient responses. Interpret and respond to complex technological data generated by such equipment and collaborate with appropriate health care team members to coordinate care for critically ill patients.
- Administer a wide variety of rapid-acting, highly potent medications, according to unit policies, procedures and protocols; monitor patient and document response; adjust therapy accordingly.
- Administer drugs and monitor patients requiring Conscious Sedation for special procedures.
- Administer thrombolytics and antiplatelet drugs [Tissue Plasminogen Activator (TPA), ReoPro, Aggrastat, etc.] specific for patients with cardiac, pulmonary, peripheral vascular disease and cerebrovascular accident; monitor and document patient response; observe patient for complications.
- Transport and accompany critically ill patients for special procedures (computerized (or computed) tomography (CT), Angiography, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), Nuclear Medicine), maintaining the same level of patient care and support as though the patient was in the unit setting.
- Participate in discharge planning through collaboration with multidisciplinary health care team members and family members to determine capabilities or obstacles towards delivery of care in a variety of extended care options.
- Plan and coordinate patient care with other members of the health care team, including x-ray, pharmacy, laboratory, and physical therapy.
- Provide training to professional staff when required and offer guidance to new staff as a preceptor and professional nursing expert.
- May be required to participate in multidisciplinary special projects or studies that impact on clinical nursing. Provide recommendations with regard to clinical practice based on current concepts, research and evidence based practice initiatives.
- Provide input into the development of policies to the Department Head and/or Division Officer.
- Be conscious of cost and effectiveness of materials, supplies, and equipment and make recommendations for effective alternatives where they exist.
- Use clinical/administrative knowledge to function as a consultant to other units/clinic nursing personnel, medical and other members of health care team and community health programs. Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Shall have a diploma, Associates or Bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited college or University.
- Possess a minimum of eighteen (18) months of full-time experience within the past thirty six (36) months working in a critical care setting.
- Possess and maintain a current Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Be able clearly and effectively communicate with all patients and other healthcare providers.
- Possess knowledge of the pharmacology of most commonly used emergency drugs, anticipated results, usual dosages, and their location in the crash cart.
- Use knowledge of critical care ethical and legal issues to provide patient/family support during periods of physiologic, psychological, and social stress and functions as the primary liaison/advocate for the patient and family members. Keyphrases: critical care jobs, critical care nurse jobs, critical care medicine jobs, critical care nursing jobs, critical care nurses jobs, pulmonary critical care jobs, critical care transport nurse jobs, critical care registered nurse jobs, pediatric critical care jobs, surgical critical care jobs, critical care paramedic jobs, intensive care jobs, nicu nursing jobs, picu jobs, picu nurse jobs, cardiac critical care jobs, cardiac critical care medicine jobs, neonatal icu nurse jobs
Keywords: Chenega Corporation, Portsmouth , Intensive Care Unit RN PRN, Healthcare , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!