Ph. D / Audiologist / Virginia / Permanent / Audiologist - Au.D. Job -
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: October 30, 2018
Audiologist - Au.D.
Give us a day, we'll give you a vacation!
One visit to Portsmouth, Virginia and you'll be hooked. Amble along our famous Seawall. Stroll through three centuries of historic neighborhoods. Go antiquing. Take in some art. Stand inside a giant soap bubble at the largest children's museum in the state. And did we mention that Portsmouth is home to some of the most delightful restaurants in the region? Many of Portsmouth's attractions are clustered within easy walking distance of each other, making it the perfect place to spend a day. And with its central location, it's easy to get to just a quick ferry ride from downtown Norfolk, a just minutes from Virginia Beach, and Colonial Williamsburg.
Naval Medical Center Portsmouth - Portsmouth, VA
Naval Medical center Portsmouth, Virginia has proudly served the military and their families since 1830 making it the Navy's oldest continuously running hospital in the Navy medical system. Nationally acclaimed, this state of the art medical center with ten branch clinics offers premier research and teaching programs designed to prepare new doctors, nurses and hospital corpsmen for the future. This patient driven TRICARE facility is entrusted with the health readiness of the United States armed forces. Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, proudly serving those who serve us so well.
- Experience in providing technical support and resources required for the execution of clinical and field studies to include: ability to identify, assess, and manage auditory, balance, and other neural systems.
- Use of audiometers, computers, and other testing devices to measure the loudness at which a person begins to hear sounds.
- Ability to distinguish between sounds, and the nature and extent of hearing loss.
- Experience with comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures of the hearing and balance mechanisms including intraoperative monitoring of the cranial nerves, cerumen removal, cochlear implant assessment and management, posturography, and other advanced balance mechanism evaluations.
- Experience with interviewing patients and records patient's case history to determine previous ailments and complaints.
- Experience in performing examinations to determine evidences of physiological or anatomical abnormality.
- Familiarity with the supplement examination by arranging laboratory test analyses and diagnostic x-rays.
- Must have experience in interpreting laboratory results to evaluate examination findings; recommending fit, and dispense personal or large area amplification systems; and planning, administering, and recording progress of prescribed courses of treatment with limits of area of practice.
- Experience in administering medication upon prescription by physician; instructing and providing guidance to instruction in use and maintenance of therapeutic devices, exercises, or procedure; and measuring noise levels in workplaces and conducting hearing protection programs. QUALIFICATIONS
- Required experience in hearing protection programs, human factors engineering/human systems integration or acoustic engineering, and hearing conservation program management.
- An understanding of hearing conservation programs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Level Two: Desired experience of five (5) years in clinical and leadership experience in audiology hearing standards.
- Level Three: Desired experience of ten (10) years in clinical and leadership experience in audiology hearing standards.
- Doctoral in Audiology (AuD or Au.D.) KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.
Apply by creating/using an account
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Portsmouth , Ph. D / Audiologist / Virginia / Permanent / Audiologist - Au.D. Job -, Healthcare , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!