Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
Company: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Posted on: September 29, 2018
Anesthesiology opening in Portsmouth, Virginia. This and other crna jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) job in Portsmouth, Virginia. The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) job is a civilian position at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth. Civilian and military personnel work together in hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families and provide a full range of medical services. Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.Fantastic PTO accrual rateCompetitive CompensationBenefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)Dedication Program Manager to support your employmentCertified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) job overview:
- Administer anesthesia to any patient undergoing a surgical procedure, as designated by the attending physician.
- Perform a pre-anesthetic assessment and evaluation of the patient.
- Develop and implement an anesthetic plan of care. Initiate the anesthetic plan by selecting the type of anesthesia.
- Perform an assessment immediately prior to induction of anesthesia of the patient.
- Obtain consultations, as appropriate, with a staff anesthesiologist
- Maintain the patient's physiologic homeostasis and corrects abnormal responses to the anesthesia and/or surgery.
- Collect and interpret patient physiological data by selecting, applying or inserting noninvasive monitoring modalities.
- Manage the patient's airway and pulmonary status.
- Manage the patient's emergence and recovery from anesthesia by maintaining homeostasis, providing relief from pain and anesthesia side effects and preventing and managing complications.
- Remain with the patient as long as required by the patient's condition relative to his/her anesthesia status and until responsibility for proper patient care has been assumed by other qualified individuals.
- Maintain and record all pertinent events taking place during the introduction of, maintenance of and emergence from anesthesia, including the dosage and duration of all anesthetic agents, other drugs, intravenous fluids and blood or blood components on all patients that have received anesthesia care.
- Record post-anesthetic visits
- Discharge or release from post-anesthesia care unit (PACU)
- Provide follow-up evaluation and care related to anesthesia complications and/or side effects.
- Check all equipment and agents to be used in the administration of the anesthetic to be sure it is in safe working order.
- Provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Interpret data about the patient's status in order to identify each patient's age specific needs and provide the care needed by the patient group. Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) job requirements:
- Graduate of a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) education program accredited by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA) Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs.
- Certification as a Registered Nurse Anesthetist from the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA)
- RN License: active, unrestricted
- Minimum of twenty four (24) months of experience as a CRNA within the preceding thirty six (36) months
- Demonstrate clinical competency within the past two (2) years Keyphrases: anesthesiology jobs, crna jobs, anesthesiologist jobs, nurse anesthesiologist jobs, anesthesiologist nurse jobs, dental anesthesiologist jobs, anesthesiologist pain management jobs, anesthesiology pain management jobs, anesthesiologist cardiac jobs, pediatric anesthesiologist jobs, crna locum tenens jobs, crna positions jobs, crna employment jobs, nurse anesthetist crna jobs, crna nurse jobs, certified registered nurse anesthetist jobs, nurse anesthetist jobs, dental anesthesiology jobs, anesthesiology nurse jobs, anesthesiology tech jobs, anesthesia technician jobs, anesthesiology technician jobs, nurse anesthesiology jobs, pediatric anesthesiology jobs, anesthesiology pediatric jobs, anesthesiology assistant jobs, anesthesia assistant jobs, pain management anesthesiologist jobs, pain management anesthesiology jobs
Keywords: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES, Portsmouth , Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA), Healthcare , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!