Pharmacy Technician - Virginia Beach
Company: Matrix Providers
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Matrix Providers - Caring for America's military family. Not
just leading the way, but leading the industry. Your success is our
business. Matrix Providers is hiring a Pharmacy Technician to join
our team of talented professionals who provide health care services
to our Military Service Members and their families at BHC Boone in
Virginia Beach, VA.
- Employment Status: Full-time
- Compensation: This is an hourly position.
- Schedule: Services shall be provided Monday through Sunday,
between the hours 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. The clinic is open on the
following Federal Holidays: Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday,
President's Day, Columbus Day, and Veteran's Day. Each employee
will be scheduled for a shift length that can range from four (4)
hours to twelve (12) hours in length. Any shift greater than six
(6) hours will include an uncompensated thirty (30) minute meal
break. In no instance will an employee exceed 80 hours per two-week
- Benefits: Competitive financial package with a comprehensive
insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life
coverage. Click here to learn about our benefits packages.
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays (Outlined in Handbook)
- 401(k) Plan
Requirements: The Pharmacy Technician must have and meet the
- Degree: Certificate.
- Education: Graduate from a formal pharmacy technician program
accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
(ASHP) or a formal pharmacy technician program (i.e., technical,
hospital, or retail-based program), or a formal medical services
training program in the United States Military.
- Certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
- Current certification in one of the following: American Heart
Association Basic Life Support (BLS) or American Red Cross Basic
Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers or American Heart
Association or American Red
Cross Healthcare Provider Course. Web-based classes do not meet the
- Have a minimum of 12 consecutive months of experience within
the preceding 24 months working as a pharmacy technician.
- Provide two letters of recommendation written within the last
two years attesting to the employee's clinical skills. One letter
must be from a practicing pharmacist or pharmacy supervisor who has
personally observed and evaluated the employee and who can attest
to the employee's clinical skills in the care of patients. The
other letter may be from a clinic or hospital administrator,
physician, or nurse who has personal knowledge of the employee's
patient care skills in a similar clinical environment. Reference
letters shall attest to the employee's communication skills and
ability to relate to patients as well as professional and other
interpersonal skills among staff members and must include the name,
title, phone number, date of reference, address, and signature of
the individual providing reference.
- Perform a full range of pharmacy technician procedures
- Perform pharmaceutical dispensing duties including filling new
outpatient prescriptions, refilling prescriptions, and entering
orders into databases.
- Perform information consultation duties including supporting
new and refill
prescriptions, supporting patient requests, supporting physician's
requests, monitoring drug interactions, and reporting adverse drug
- Perform quality improvement duties including performing drug
storage inspection, reviewing expired supplies, and producing error
and workload reports and documentation.
- Perform supply process duties including placing new orders,
stocking/restocking shelves, inventory maintenance, and producing
not-in-stock reports. Matrix Providers is an equal-opportunity
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please
click here. Matrix Providers endeavors to make accessible to all
users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility
of our website or need assistance completing the application
process, please contact our Recruiting Hotline Number, 1-, TTY
LINE, . This contact information is for accommodation requests only
and cannot be used to inquire about the status of
Keywords: Matrix Providers, Portsmouth , Pharmacy Technician - Virginia Beach, Healthcare , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!