Pharmacist - Virginia Beach, VA
Company: Matrix Providers
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Matrix Providers - Caring for America's military family.Not just
leading the way, leading the industry. Your success is our
business.Matrix Providers is hiring a Pharmacist to join our team
of talented professionals who provide health care services to our
Military Service Members and their families in BHC Boone Clinics in
Virginia Beach, VA.
- Employment Status: Full Time
- Compensation: This is a salaried position paid at an equivalent
to $64.00 per hour.
- Schedule: Monday through Sunday, between the hours 7:00 a.m. to
7:00 p.m., not to exceed 80 hours per two-week period. The clinic
is open on the following Federal Holidays: Martin Luther King Jr's
Birthday, President's Day, Columbus Day, and Veteran's Day. Each
healthcare worker will be scheduled for a shift length that can
range from four (4) hours to twelve (12) hours in length. Any shift
greater than six (6) hours will include an uncompensated thirty
(30) minute meal break.
- Benefits: Competitive financial package with a comprehensive
insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life
coverage. Click here to learn about our benefits packages.
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays (Outlined in Handbook)
- 401(k) Plan
Requirements: The Pharmacist must have and meet the following:
- Degree: Bachelor's degree in pharmacy.
- Education: Graduate from a college or university accredited by
Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) approved continuing education
of at least 15 hours which maintains pharmacy skills and knowledge
in the preceding two (2) years.
- Possess experience as a pharmacist for 12 months within the
preceding 24 months
- Possess experience in the use of pharmacy computer systems such
as the Navy
TRIPHARM Computer System, the Composite Health Care System (CHCS)
or retail pharmacy computer systems.
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to
practice as a pharmacist.
- BLS - Possess and maintain current certification in one of the
following: American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) or
American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare
Providers or American Heart Association or American Red Cross
Healthcare Provider Course.
- Recommendation letters- Provide two (2) letters of
recommendation written within the last two (2) years attesting the
healthcare worker's clinical skills. The letters must be from
practicing Pharmacists who have personally observed and evaluated
the healthcare worker and who can attest to the healthcare worker's
clinical skills in the care of patients. Reference letters shall
attest to the healthcare worker's communication skills and ability
to relate to patients as well as professional and other
interpersonal skills among staff members and must include name,
title, phone number, date of reference, address and signature of
the individual providing reference.
- Perform a full range of pharmacist procedures
- Deliver comprehensive pharmaceutical services within the
personnel, supply, and equipment capabilities of the facility.
- Counsel patients regarding the appropriate use of
- Review patient profiles at the time of dispensing in order to
closely monitor medication therapy.
- Ensure prescription directions for use, dose, medication
interactions, therapeutic duplications or overlaps, allergy
information, age-specific dosage, and other pertinent data are
appropriate for individual patients. Intervention with providers
shall be made for noted discrepancies of the above-listed
- Compound medications as required.
- Ensure accuracy of all pharmaceutical products prepared or
processed by technical staff.
- Supervise inventory control of all pharmaceuticals in the
pharmacy, especially scheduled pharmaceuticals, and ensure pharmacy
security. Maintain appropriate records and security of all
scheduled controlled substances according to applicable
regulations.Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran
status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here.Matrix
Providers endeavors to make www.matrixproviders.com accessible to
all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the
accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the
application process, please contact our Recruiting Hotline Number,
1-877-807-8277, TTY LINE, 385-722-8109. This contact information is
for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about
the status of applications.#INDAH
Keywords: Matrix Providers, Portsmouth , Pharmacist - Virginia Beach, VA, Healthcare , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!