Physician / Psychiatry / Virginia / Permanent / Psychiatrist Job
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: September 18, 2022
MD/DO - Psychiatrist
Adult Substance Abuse Rehabilitation Program (SARP)
Give us a day, we'll give you a vacation!
The Community - Portsmouth, VA
One visit to Portsmouth, Virginia and you'll be hooked. Amble along
our famous Seawall. Stroll through three centuries of historic
neighborhoods. Go antiquing. Take in some art. Stand inside a giant
soap bubble at the largest children's museum in the state. And did
we mention that Portsmouth is home to some of the most delightful
restaurants in the region? Many of Portsmouth's attractions are
clustered within easy walking distance of each other, making it the
perfect place to spend a day. And with its central location, it's
easy to get to - just a quick ferry ride from downtown Norfolk, a
just minutes from Virginia Beach, and Colonial Williamsburg.
Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
Naval Medical center Portsmouth, Virginia has proudly served the
military and their families since 1830 making it the Navy's oldest
continuously running hospital in the Navy medical system.
Nationally acclaimed, this state of the art medical center with ten
branch clinics offers premier research and teaching programs
designed to prepare new doctors, nurses and hospital corpsmen for
the future. This patient driven TRICARE facility is entrusted with
the health readiness of the United States armed forces. Naval
Medical Center Portsmouth, proudly serving those who serve us so
POSITION OVERVIEW (duties include but are not limited to)
- Evaluate and treat adults in an outpatient setting.
- Provide on-call services for general psychiatry patients.
- Provide on-call services for inpatient general psychiatry on
weekends/holidays. NMC Portsmouth has approximately 32 inpatient
- Provide a full range of physician services, in accordance with
the core privileges.
- Technically direct, perform, or assist in the instruction of
other health care professionals seeing patients within the scope of
their clinical privileges or responsibilities.
- Promote preventive and health maintenance care, including
annual physicals, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills
through education and counseling.
- Order diagnostic tests as applicable. Request consultation or
referral with appropriate physicians, clinics, or other health
resources as indicated.
- Technically direct and teach other medical staff, and provide
educational lectures and participate in the provision of in-service
training to clinic staff members. Such direction and interaction
will adhere to government and professional clinical standards and
accepted clinical protocols. This requirement is consistent with
the personal services nature of the contract.
- Participate in peer review and performance improvement
- Practice aseptic techniques as necessary. Comply with infection
control guidelines to include the proper handling, storage, and
disposal of infectious wastes and the use of universal precautions
to prevent the spread of infection.
- Function with an awareness and application of safety
- Perform efficiently in emergency patient situations following
established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate
persons, and documenting events. Anticipate potential
problems/emergencies and make appropriate interventions. Notify
supervisor, director, or other designated person regarding problems
that the Physician is unable to manage.
- Apply an awareness of legal issues in all aspects of patient
care and strive to manage situations in a reduced risk manner.
- Participate in the implementation of the Family Advocacy
Program as directed. Participation shall include, but not be
limited to, appropriate medical examination, documentation, and
- Exercise awareness and sensitivity to patient/significant
others' rights, as identified within the MTF.
- Maintain an awareness of responsibility and accountability for
own professional practice.
- Participate in continuing education to meet own professional
- Attend and/or comply with all annual training classes required
by the Command, to include but not limited to online annual
training provided by the MTF: disaster training, infection control,
Sexual Harassment, Bloodborne Pathogens, Fire and Safety, Chemical,
Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosives (CBRNE), and all
other required training.
- Actively participate in the command's Performance Improvement
Program. Participate in meetings to review and evaluate the care
provided to patients, identify opportunities to improve the care
delivered, and recommend corrective action when problems
- Participate in the provision of in-service training to clinic
staff members. Provide training and/or direction as applicable to
supporting government employees (e.g., hospital corpsmen, students,
- Attend and participate in various meetings as directed.
- Perform timely, accurate, and concise documentation of patient
- Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA,
ADS, Essentris, and Clinical Information System (CIS), participate
in clinical staff Performance Improvement (PI) and Risk Management
(RM) functions, as prescribed by the Commander. Maintain DOD email
account as directed. The Physician shall be responsive to all email
and voicemail communications.
- Exercise appropriate delegation of tasks and duties in the
direction and coordination of health care team members, patient
care, and clinic activities.
- Maintain documentation of all treatment provided in accordance
with clinic directives, and prepare such records and reports as may
be required. All records and reports
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Portsmouth , Physician / Psychiatry / Virginia / Permanent / Psychiatrist Job, Healthcare , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!