Physician / Psychiatry
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: June 16, 2022
MD/DO - Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist
The Heart of Coastal Virginia - Impossible to Forget
The Community - Chesapeake, VA
Chesapeake is situated in the heart of Coastal Virginia, and offers
a unique blend of urban and rural settings - just one of the many
reasons Money magazine ranked the city as one of the country's top
100 best places to live in 2010. The city's inimitable quality of
life for residents also makes it a desirable meeting and leisure
travel destination. Chesapeake's winning combination of
accommodations, meeting venues, attractions and activities provides
plenty of options no matter your agenda. With its central location
in the Mid-Atlantic, Chesapeake is within a day's drive of
two-thirds of the U.S. population. Served by interstate highways,
an international airport in neighboring Norfolk and two executive
airports, Chesapeake is easy to get to and impossible to
Northwest Branch Health Clinic
Northwest Branch Health Clinic in Chesapeake, Virginia has proudly
served the military and their families since 1830 making it the
Navy's oldest continuously running hospital in the Navy medical
system. Nationally acclaimed, this state of the art medical center
with ten branch clinics offers premier research and teaching
programs designed to prepare new doctors, nurses and hospital
corpsmen for the future. This patient driven TRICARE facility is
entrusted with the health readiness of the United States armed
forces. Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, proudly serving those who
serve us so well.
POSITION OVERVIEW (duties include but are not limited to)
- Evaluate and treat children and adolescents in an outpatient
- Provide a full range of physician services in accordance with
privileges granted by the Commanding Officer.
- Technically direct, perform, or assist in the instruction of
other health care professionals seeing patients within the scope of
their clinical privileges or responsibilities.
- Promote preventive and health maintenance care, including
annual physicals, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills
through education and counseling.
- Order diagnostic tests as applicable. Request consultation or
referral with appropriate physicians, clinics, or other health
resources as indicated.
- Technically direct and teach other medical staff, and provide
educational lectures and participate in the provision of in-service
training to clinic staff members.
- Participate in peer review and performance improvement
- Practice aseptic techniques as necessary. Comply with infection
control guidelines to include the proper handling, storage, and
disposal of infectious wastes and the use of universal precautions
to prevent the spread of infection.
- Apply an awareness of legal issues in all aspects of patient
care and strive to manage situations in a reduced risk manner.
- Participate in the implementation of the Family Advocacy
Program as directed. Participation shall include, but not be
limited to, appropriate medical examination, documentation, and
- Participate in continuing education to meet own professional
- Perform timely, accurate, and concise documentation of patient
Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA, ADS,
Essentris, and Clinical Information System (CIS), participate in
clinical staff Performance Improvement (PI) and Risk Management
(RM) functions QUALIFICATIONS
- Must hold a Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy
(DO) degree from an accredited graduate school of Medicine.
- Must have successfully completed a residency program in
psychiatry which has been approved by the Accreditation Council for
Graduate Medical Education or the Committee on Postdoctoral
Training of the American Osteopathic Association or those Canadian
training programs approved by the Royal College of Physicians and
Surgeons of Canada or other appropriate Canadian medical
- Must possess board certification in Psychiatry by the American
Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, or the American Osteopathic
- Must possess not less than three (3) years of experience within
the last four (4) years as a full-time psychiatrist; OR, graduation
from a psychiatry residency program within the preceding 12
- Must be in good standing, and under no restrictions, with the
state licensure board in any state in which a license is held.
- Must maintain current certification in American Heart
Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by
providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Portsmouth , Physician / Psychiatry , Healthcare , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!