Medical Assistant - Women's Health Portsmouth
Company: Luke & Associates
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Job DescriptionMEDICAL ASSISTANT- Women's HealthSITE OF
- Portsmouth VAPOSITION QUALIFICATION/REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Be a graduate from a medical assistant training program
accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health
Education Programs (CAAHEP), OR
- The Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) of
the American Medical Technologists, OR
- A formal medical services training program of the United States
Armed Forces, OR other formal program as specified in the position
specific Task Order, OR
- A formal program approved by the MTF
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) hands on course through
American Heart Association.
- Experience: 1 year experience as a Medical Assistant within the
last 3 years.
- U.S. Citizenship: HCWs performing under this contract shall be
- English Language Requirement: The Contractor shall ensure that
all HCWs providing services under this contract are able to read,
write, and speak English well enough to effectively
- HCW Physical Capability: HCWs shall be physically capable of
standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time and physically
capable of performing all services.GENERAL DUTIES:
- Maintain a level of productivity comparable with that of other
individuals performing similar services.
- Participate in peer review and performance improvement
- Practice aseptic techniques as necessary. Comply with infection
control guidelines to include the proper handling, storage, and
disposal of infectious wastes, and the use of universal precautions
to prevent the spread of infection.
- Function with an awareness and application of safety
- Perform efficiently in emergency patient situations following
established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate
persons, and documenting events.
- Anticipate potential problems/emergencies and make appropriate
- Notify supervisor, director, or other designated person
regarding problems that the HCW is unable to manage.
- Apply an awareness of legal issues in all aspects of patient
care and strive to manage situations in a reduced risk manner.
- Participate in the implementation of the Family Advocacy
Program as directed. Participation shall include, but not be
limited to, appropriate medical examination, documentation, and
- Exercise awareness and sensitivity to patient/significant
others' rights, as identified within the MTF.
- Maintain an awareness of responsibility and accountability for
own professional practice.
- Participate in continuing education to meet own professional
- Attend and/or comply with all annual training classes required
by the Command, to include but not limited to online annual
training provided by the MTF: disaster training, infection control,
Sexual Harassment, Bloodborne Pathogens, Fire and Safety, Chemical,
Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosives (CBRNE), and all
other required training.
- Actively participate in the command's Performance Improvement
- Participate in meetings to review and evaluate the care
provided to patients, identify opportunities to improve the care
delivered, and recommend corrective action when problems
- Participate in the provision of in-service training to clinic
- Provide training and/or direction as applicable to supporting
government employees (e.g., hospital corpsmen, students,
- Attend and participate in various meetings as directed.
- Perform timely, accurate, and concise documentation of patient
- Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA,
Essentris, MHS Genesis and Clinical Information System (CIS),
participate in clinical staff Performance Improvement (PI) and Risk
Management (RM) functions, as prescribed by the Commander.
- Maintain DOD email account as directed. The HCW shall be
responsive to all email and voicemail communications.
- Exercise appropriate delegation of tasks and duties in the
direction and coordination of health care team members, patient
care, and clinic activities.
- Maintain documentation of all treatment provided in accordance
with clinic directives, and prepare such records and reports as may
- All records and reports must be legible. Abbreviations must be
only those listed in local instructions.HOURS:
- Services shall be provided Monday through Friday, between 0700
- In no instance will the HCW be required to provide services in
excess of eighty (80) hours per two-week period.
- Fulltime employees are required to work 40 hours a week.
- Part time employees are required to work 29 hours a week.
- PRN employees MUST work 16 hours a month in each clinic
- I have read and understood the hoursSPECIAL
REQUIREMENTS/SKILLSMust be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic
environment. Must be able and willing to reprioritize on short
notice and work on multiple simultaneous projects. Flexible and
able to work with various personalities. Team work skills required.
Time management skills required. The ability to meet deadlines in a
deadline intensive environment is essential. High level of
adaptability and willingness to embrace change in a fast-paced,
demanding environment.Luke & Associates Inc. is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration from employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any
other characteristic protected by law.Links: To learn more about
Luke & Associates, please visit our website at:
http://www.lukeassoc.com/about-lukePowered by JazzHRYhRFe6sW2f
Keywords: Luke & Associates, Portsmouth , Medical Assistant - Women's Health Portsmouth, Healthcare , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!