Physician / Pediatrics / Virginia / Permanent / Sports Medicine Physic
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: February 24, 2021
MD/DO - Sports Medicine Physician
Give us a day, we'll give you a vacation!
The Community - Portsmouth, VA
One visit to Portsmouth, Virginia and you'll be hooked. Amble along
our famous Seawall. Stroll through three centuries of historic
neighborhoods. Go antiquing. Take in some art. Stand inside a giant
soap bubble at the largest children's museum in the state. And did
we mention that Portsmouth is home to some of the most delightful
restaurants in the region? Many of Portsmouth's attractions are
clustered within easy walking distance of each other, making it the
perfect place to spend a day. And with its central location, it's
easy to get to " just a quick ferry ride from downtown Norfolk, a
just minutes from Virginia Beach, and Colonial Williamsburg.
Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
Naval Medical center Portsmouth, Virginia has proudly served the
military and their families since 1830 making it the Navy's oldest
continuously running hospital in the Navy medical system.
Nationally acclaimed, this state of the art medical center with ten
branch clinics offers premier research and teaching programs
designed to prepare new doctors, nurses and hospital corpsmen for
the future. This patient driven TRICARE facility is entrusted with
the health readiness of the United States armed forces. Naval
Medical Center Portsmouth, proudly serving those who serve us so
POSITION OVERVIEW (duties include but are not limited to)
- Evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, provision of consultation and
nonoperative management of patient of all ages with acute and
chronic medical illnesses and injuries related to sports and
- Providers may apply basic nutritional principles to exercise
and educate patients on the psychological aspects of exercise,
performance, competition, physical fitness and healthy
- Sports Medicine physicians educate and monitor effects of
performance-enhancing and mood-altering drugs.
- Examine, diagnose, and treat disorders of the musculoskeletal
- Assist in educating residents, interns, and medical students,
and other teaching duties.QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a government
- Must possess a Doctorate Degree in Medicine from an accredited
college approved by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education and
Hospitals of the American Medical Association, a Doctorate degree
in Osteopathy from a college accredited by the American Osteopathic
Association, or permanent certification by the Educational
Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Must be board certified in one of the following ACGME
accredited specialties: Emergency Medicine, Family Practice,
Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Preventative Medicine
or Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Must possess one of the following:
- Have successfully completed a fellowship program in Sports
Medicine, 1-year minimum.
- Have successfully completed a Certificate of Additional
Qualification in Sports Medicine.
- Be board certified in orthopedic surgery.
- Possess a minimum of 3 years full-time (40 hours per week)
experience as a clinician in Orthopedics or Sports Medicine within
the preceding 5 years.
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid, unrestricted
license (corresponding to the specialty required by the task order)
in one of the fifty states, the District of Columbia, the
Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Must have and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) as
approved by the American Heart Association (AHA).
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by
providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Portsmouth , Physician / Pediatrics / Virginia / Permanent / Sports Medicine Physic, Healthcare , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!