Registered Nurse RN Heart Lung Diagnostic Test PRN
Company: Portsmouth Regional Hospital
Posted on: January 13, 2020
DescriptionSHIFT: PRN SCHEDULE: PRN/Per DiemPortsmouth Regional
Hospital is a 209-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth,
NH, and is part of HCA, the nation's largest provider of healthcare
services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region's
residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is one of
the area's largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the
only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three
in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. Most recently,
we were named One of America's Best Hospitals for Joint
Replacements through a National Study by Healthgrades. Most
recently, we received the Leapfrog 'A' Hospital Safety Grade. Why
work at Portsmouth Regional Hospital? Heart / Lung Diagnostic
Testing Center Position Summary: The Registered Nurse works
collaboratively with the physician to prepare patient for
non-invasive diagnostic examinations. Responsible for utilizing
critical thinking skills and educating patient prior to, during and
after all examinations performed. Responsible for reporting
significant findings to physician for further patient evaluation
and subsequent treatment. Works in accordance with specific Nurse
Practice Act that governs and licenses the individual nurse.
Assessment to Patients: 1. Recognizes untoward responses to testing
and communicates same to physician. 2. Recognizes clinical problems
that require immediate intervention. 3. Able to integrate clinical
information to obtain test results. JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS 1.
Independently performs adult and pediatric 12 lead EKG's, holter
monitor applications and analysis, and assist the physicians with
exercise testing per policies and procedures. 2. Maintains
department and work area in a clean and organized manner. 3.
Exercises care in equipment operation and has a working knowledge
to trouble shoot EKG, holter and stress testing equipment. 4.
Maintains department logs, schedules and statistics, prepares
monthly reports per Director. 5. Demonstrates effective
organizational and time management skills. 6. Maintains and
supports Cardiology/Hospital Information Systems. 7. Assists in
training and monitoring the staff of these systems to remain within
policies. 8. Anticipates the needs of patients & families and is
self-directed in the completion of these tasks. 9. Cheerfully
greets, assists and directs all patients, families and visitors. 10
Relays patient requests to the nursing staff in a timely and
appropriate fashion. 11. Demonstrates accountability for assembling
and maintaining neat, current, and proper patient charts at all
times. 12. Place all diagnostic test reports in chart
appropriately; alert nursing staff of results as requested. 13.
Accurately analyzes and interprets rhythms and has appropriate
follow through. 14. Assists in maintaining adequate inventory of
supplies and inputs charges in a timely and accurate manner. 15.
Evaluates various Systems performance. Conducts and records quality
control procedures to ensure proper operation to comply with state
and federal agencies. Report malfunctions to Director.
- Teamwork heavily focused to promote better patient experience &
high quality of care
- Fast paced and collaborative
- A supportive and passionate culture motivated on fostering
educational opportunities and specialty certification
- Leaders in Diagnostic Stress Testing have a passion for
supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, excellent
practice, and collegial relationships
- A healthy work environment with a low turnover rate
- 1 to 3 years of acute care nursing in a critical care
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree preferred
- Tuition Reimbursement Program (up to $5,250/calendar year)
- Student Loan Assistance (up to $1,800/calendar Year) Licensure
- Registered Nurse (RN) License in NH or valid Compact State
- BLS and ACLS (American Heart Association Health Care
- 12 Lead and Basic Arrhythmia within 6 months of hire
- HCA will pay for certification renewals once employed Benefits
& Opportunities As an eligible full time / part time employee,
you'll receive a wide array of benefits designed to care for you
and your family. These benefits-known as HCA Total
Rewards-supplement your pay and may be customized to your situation
and needs. Health and Retirement Programs Benefits available to
eligible employees include:
- Insurance (Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision
Insurance, Prescription Drugs, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability,
Life Insurance and AD&D).
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) (health care or day (child or
- Financial Education
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Voluntary Benefits (Legal Advice. Auto & Home Insurance, Pet
Insurance, Long Term Care Insurance, Voluntary Permanent Life
- Retirement Program - The HCA 401(k) Plan combines employer
contributions with your own contributions to help you save for the
future. Your hospital provides a 100 percent match of up to 9
percent of your pay, based on your years of service.
- Tuition reimbursement - Up t $5,250 per year.
- Student Loan Assistance Program - Up to $150 per month.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) Additional Employee Rewards
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Short Term Disability (STD)
- Family, medical, military and bereavement leaves
- Adoption assistance
- Wellness programs
- Free parking
- Employee advisory groups, employee surveys and other channels
for employee expression
- Professional development and education opportunities
- Employee recognition programs and events
- Employee discounts and amenities
- Support for community organizations and causes championed by
- The HCA Hope Fund, which provides financial assistance for
employees in times of disaster or personal distress CLICK HEREto
learn more about HCA's Comprehensive Benefits Package. Intrigued?
We'd love to hear from you! "We are an equal opportunity employer
and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status." Notice Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock
the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here. For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
Keywords: Portsmouth Regional Hospital, Portsmouth , Registered Nurse RN Heart Lung Diagnostic Test PRN, Healthcare , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!