Financial Management Analyst
Company: Battelle Memorial Institute
Posted on: May 11, 2019
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge,
talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most
important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity,
succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities,
making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a
common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and
tomorrow.Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific
innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health,
manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle s work
is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion
for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a
better place.We are currently seeking a Financial Management
Analyst. This position is located in Portsmouth, VA. Position
contingent upon award of work. Job Description Participates in
establishing and defining program plans, including cost and/or
schedule requirements.Major Responsibilities:
- Provides accounting support and onsite account
- Provides technical support of receipts and disbursements.
- Examines and reviews documents to ensure accuracy and takes
actions to correct and or remedy any gaps or errors.
- Provides budget analysis and administration in maintaining
ledger, budget formulation, consolidating, checking and arranging
- Provides tech support in the running of monthly reports.
- Tracks and coordinates data for various taskers.
- Runs daily reports for current and previous years USSGL, PEC
status report and the reimbursable work order reports.
- Runs weekly Active Documents List (ADL).
- Runs monthly RWOG report for Comptroller approval and
- Researches open funding documents in order to recoup
- Reviews DTS entries for accuracy prior to pushing to
Comptrollers level for approval
- Compiles the triannual review from all sites and label and
upload all documents to the system.
- Responsible for RWOG sample prep and upload.
- Reconciles and prepares reports.
- Assists personnel with DACS scanning and Command Level Testing
review and upload.The Following Requirements Must be Met to be
Considered for this Position:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business
Administration or technical field and two to five years of
experience or equivalent.All employees will be required to possess
or have the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense
Secret security clearance.The Following is Desired, but not
Required, to be Considered for this Position:
- 5 years experience providing mid to senior level support in
accounting and budget.
- Knowledge of budget execution.
- Experience with budget analysis.
- Knowledge of standardized Accounting and Reporting System
(STARS FL), Funds
- Administration and Standardized Document Automation (FASTDATA)
preferredLegal DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to
describe the nature and level of work being performed by people
assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of
staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any
authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is
granted by Battelle's Legal Department.BENEFITSBattelle s
competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and
dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending
accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide
financial protection for you and your family.Battelle provides
employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation,
training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard
to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age,
genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other
characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local
law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to
grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and
organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for
equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified
employees at all levels within Battelle.For more information about
our other openings, please visit
Keywords: Battelle Memorial Institute, Portsmouth , Financial Management Analyst, Executive , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!