Company: BH Management Services LLC
Posted on: January 9, 2022
At BH Management Services, we are committed to creating value.
We acquire, improve and manage apartment communities, and our
success in this endeavor is evidenced by our growth from a start-up
firm in 1993 to one of the largest multi-family management
companies in the nation. BH understands that great customer service
is what keeps residents satisfied, and that great service comes
from engaged, happy and well-trained team members.
In 2018 and 2017, BH was ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine and
Great Place to Work's "Best Workplaces for Women." BH was also
ranked in 2018 and 2020 as one of the "Best Workplaces for
Millennials." In addition, in 2019, BH was named to the 100 "Best
Workplaces for Diversity." We continue to recognize that we are
only as strong as each individual employee and we value our
employees by providing a strong benefit package:
3 Weeks of Paid Time Off
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision
- 401(k) + company match
- Birthday Paid Day Off
- BH Gives Back (Paid Volunteer Time Off)
- 12 Paid Holidays
- BH Paid Leave
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance ProgramAs the Service Manager, you will be
responsible for the overall maintenance of the community, which
includes oversight of schedules and work product of the property's
- Responds to resident work orders/service requests; coordinate
workload with service team members and follow up to ensure all
requests are completed and meeting standards.
- Proactively identify and address potential hazards by walking
the property regularly and repairing or delegating where
- Responsible for enduring the daily upkeep of the grounds and
appearance of the property are meeting company standards;
responsible for the upkeep and security of all property-issued
- Meets with team members regularly to enforce safety measures;
identifies and recommends safety and skill training for all
maintenance employees; may also assist with completing property
- Oversee and ensure that established preventative maintenance
programs are implemented, documented, followed and participation in
ongoing training per BH program guidelines.
- Diagnose problems and makes necessary repairs in areas such as
HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, dry walling, interior and
exterior structural, appliances, and apartment make-readies.
- 2+ years of experience with progressive maintenance, safety,
and all major types of heating and air conditioning, plumbing and
- 2+ years of experience and working knowledge of building
maintenance, repair, and preventative maintenance programs,
irrigation and pool systems, large and small appliance repair
- Basic computer skills/knowledge required to perform job
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and a
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and
- Required to provide own (industry specific) hand tools
- A valid driver's license and/or reliable transportation
- HVAC certification or ability to obtain within first 6
- E.P.A Certification required (Type II - domestic HVAC
- CPO (Certified Pool Operator) or ability to obtain
Work Schedule: 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday (work schedule may vary).
Some overtime may be required and ability to work extended hours
including "on-call" and/or participate in a rotating "on-call"
schedule as needed to meet business needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free workplace. Employment offers
are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and
Keywords: BH Management Services LLC, Portsmouth , Service Manager, Executive , Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!