Railroad Equipment Mechanic
Company: Mi-Jack Products
Posted on: September 9, 2018
Mi-Jack Products is seeking hands on individuals who enjoy working in an outdoor environment. We are seeking a Heavy Equipment Mechanics.This individual will be responsible for working in an outdoor environment on heavy lift equipment such as railjacks, forklifts, welders, service trucks and other heavy lift material handling equipment as needed.
- Great Benefits and Competitive Pay! Essential Functions:
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment- electrical, hydraulic, diesel and mechanical.
- Provide training and technical knowledge on full range of equipment.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance activities on equipment.
- Support customers by effectively interfacing with customer and office in repairing equipment as needed.
- Provide clear work order documentation and reports when needed.
- Responds to any customer related equipment requests.
- Ensure compliance in all railroad, safety, health, and environmental regulations, policies and procedures for a goal of zero incidents and injuries.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Additional Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding required repairs.
- Provide a high level of communication with both Customer and Office. Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of field service or mechanic experience.
- Prior work experience in an outdoor setting.
- Must have experience with troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical assemblies and testing experience.
- Able to comfortable working at elevated heights of up to 100 feet.
- Capable of reading variable schematic logic for both low / high voltage electrical and a variety of hydraulics.
- Basic knowledge of SPC.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities a plus.
- Detail Oriented.
- Able to obtain eRail railroad badge.
- Able to operate company vehicle. Physical Requirements: This is a field service classification and employees work in a factory environment or in the field with exposure to noise and machinery and weather. Accurate hand/eye coordination is required. Finger dexterity is required, as well as hand strength, with the ability to grasp, lift, push and pull; access, enter and retrieve data using a computer keyboard, typewriter keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment Work involves considerable standing, walking, climbing, crawling, driving, reading, seeing, hearing, speaking, concentrating, communicating, stooping, bending, or sitting for long periods of time. May lift parts weighing up to 50 pounds and have exposure to working at heights. Special Requirements/Certification:
- Valid Drivers License
- Obtain an E-Rail security clearance badge.
- Employee is responsible for providing a specific list of tools.
Keywords: Mi-Jack Products, Portsmouth, Railroad Equipment Mechanic, Engineering, Portsmouth, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!